Executive EducationLeadership Capital
Postgraduate Diploma in Managerial Psychology
- Course Code
- QF Level
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 1 year to 2 years
- Course Fee
Innovative products and services are the keys to business success, while an additional and equally important factor is the ability to influence human behaviour. Understanding the thinking that fuels what customers want, how to maximize efficiency and what it takes to manage the various personalities that form a company's identity are daily imperatives. MPSY is a unique programme enabling students to implement management methods that can increase and sustain an organization’s growth and development; the knowledge and principles learned can be applied to different types of organizations.
WHY YOU SHOULD ENROL
If you are an executive who wishes to understand more on human and organization relationships; or a leader who wants to develop strategic and psychological approach to lead your company through change, this is the right programme for you. It will equip you with knowledge and approaches in managerial psychology and enable you to synthesize them in daily management.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Middle to senior level people in:
Cross Team Work
WHAT THIS PROGRAMME IS ABOUT
This programme is designed for students who wish to acquire skills and knowledge to enable them to apply psychological principles within and between organizations. This unique programme establishes a link between individual psychology and organizational psychology, and addressing the knowledge requirements on managing changes in a volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous, "VUCA" world. This programme will prepare students for a career in organization and stakeholder management. By completing this programme, students will be able to implement effective strategies for increasing and sustaining growth among organizations such as commercial enterprises, NGOs, non-profit making and government organizations.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- Apply effectively the different psychological approaches and synthesize them in understanding the interpersonal dynamics within organisations.
- Apply effectively concepts and theories of psychology in leading and managing individuals, teams and organisations.
- Critically assess the management issues of creating an organisational culture for innovation, change as well as inclusion and diversity.
- Apply a variety of psychological approaches to influence the stakeholders to drive consensus and change across different situations.
- Describe and identify the psychological concepts and theories in developing and shaping the organisational settings for employee’s well-being and engagement.
Postgraduate Certificate in Managerial Psychology
^Students who complete the modules 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 can be awarded the Postgraduate Certificate in Managerial Psychology. For details, please refer the programme page of Postgraduate Certificate in Managerial PsychologyDuration
- The programme will be completed in 12 months on a part-time basis.
- Island Side Learning Centre
Psychology of Managing Individuals
Cognitive Behaviour and Decision Making
Positive Psychology and Emotional Intelligence
Employee Engagement Psychology
Influence and Persuasion
Cross Cultural Psychology and Management
Psychology of Organisational Change
Behavioural Approach to Conflict Resolution
Psychology of Innovation in Organsation
1. Module Duration:
18 hours for each module | 9:00 am - 7:00 pm (Sat and Sun)
Lunch Session: 1:00pm - 2:00pm
2. The class schedule will be finalised by 1 month prior to the start of the programme and it is subject to change.
3. The programme will be held at Admiralty Learning Centre/ United Learning Centre.
Postgraduate Certificate in Managerial Psychology
^Students who complete the modules 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8 can be awarded the Postgraduate Psychology in Managerial Psychology (PgDip in MPSY). For details, please refer the programme page of Postgraduate Certificate in Managerial Psychology
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$50,000 (to be paid in two instalments; all fees are subject to change without prior notice)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Please submit your application with all of the following documents to one of our enrolment centres in person or by post to the following address:
HKU SPACE Executive Academy
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
34/F, United Centre, 95 Queensway, Hong Kong
Attn: Mr Marius Chow
Duly completed HKU SPACE application form (SF26);
Photocopy of HKID Card#;
Certified true copies of full educational certificates and transcripts;
Testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant’s work experience;
A 500-word letter outlining the applicant's education, training and working experience, and saying how he/she would benefit from the programme;
A crossed cheque or bank draft of HK$150 made payable to "HKU SPACE" as application fee (non-refundable).
# To study in Hong Kong, all non-local applicants are required to obtain a student visa issued by the Immigration Department of the HKSAR Government, except for those admitted to Hong Kong for employment or as dependants, who do not need prior approval before taking up part-time studies. It is the responsibility of individual applicants to make appropriate visa arrangements. Holding an acceptance letter to a HKU SPACE academic programme/course does not guarantee the issue of a student visa.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.