Executive EducationLeadership Capital
Postgraduate Certificate in Managerial Psychology
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 6 months to 8 months
- English supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
Employees are the biggest tool for an organization. Innovative products and services are the keys to business success in a VUCA (volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity) world. It is even more important for the leaders in an ever changing time to have the ability to influence human behaviours to achieve company goals.
If you would like to understand the latest psychological approaches on how to engage your employees to improve their performance and what it takes to manage the different personalities from various generations, how to build a company culture that fosters innovation and positive working environment, this programme is the right fit for you to acquire these daily imperatives.
Be an Emerging Business Leader with a Global Mindset and Entrepreneurial Spirit
Keep yourself ONE STEP AHEAD
WHY YOU SHOULD ENROL
In order to enhance organizational performance and a company’s bottom line, employers are investing more resources to stabilize a workforce, increase productivity, and improve office morale. It is observed that there is a demand for managerial psychology knowledge as well as its application in organization settings. With the fast changing and increasing complexity in organization environment, there is an obvious demand of managerial psychology professionals who understand the various facets of solid human and organization relationships.
This programme aims to provide executives from different professional fields, who aspire to become emerging leaders in the field, with the latest thinking, frameworks, methodologies and tools in managing people with the studies and knowledge from Psychology and Management. They are expected to come up with practical business solutions in different scenarios and to take up leadership positions in teams which they lead with the objective of achieving high performance.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Middle to senior level people in:
Training and Coaching
Search for Self-understanding
WHAT THIS PROGRAMME IS ABOUT
The programme aims to provide students with:
- Knowledge and skills in managerial psychology to work effectively within a diversity of interpersonal situations;
- A conceptual base from which they can identify and analyse behaviours across individual level to group level;
- Psychological-based approaches and tools to enhance people management skills to achieve higher performance.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- Apply effectively the different psychological approaches and synthesize them in managing individuals, teams, and organisation;
- Critically assess how to create an organisational culture for employees to achieve higher performance;
- Apply psychological concepts and theories in creating a positive environment for managing organisational change; and
- Manage different stakeholders effectively across diversified interpersonal situations.
To achieve what you want to be: successful, impactful and inspirational
Students can complete their PgCert studies in 6-8 months. Alternatively, they may participate in a wide range of Global Masters, Executive Workshops and Business Mission and Study Tours, Alumni and Networking Activities.
Completion of this programme can articulate to the Postgraduate Diploma in Managerial Psychology
Ms. Peggy Lam
Ms. Peggy Lam is a registered Industrial-Organisational Psychologist and organisational development specialist with over 12 years’ working experience with global consulting firms like SHL Limited and YSC Limited. She has in-depth experiences partnering with HR and the line designing, driving and implementing integrated people strategies. She is specialized in executive assessment, leadership development, talent management, executive coaching, assessment & development centres, as well as recruitment & selection.
Peggy has extensive exposure to boards, senior executives, middle management and graduate populations. She has experience of working with global leading FTSE100 companies across a range of industries, sectors including but not limited to - FMCG, oil and gas, financial services, retail, pharmaceutical and airlines. Strong global leadership benchmarks gained through significant international and cross-cultural experience. She has designed and delivered assessment centres, leadership and development interventions in countries including the UK, China, Japan, Korea, Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Thailand, Bangladesh, and Taiwan.
Peggy worked and stationed in London, Beijing and Shanghai for 7 years. She holds a Bachelor Degree in Psychology from the University of Hong Kong and obtained an M. Phil of Psychology from the Chinese University of Hong Kong.
MS. ROSEMARIE YAU
PART-TIME LECTURER OF HKU SPACE EXECUTIVE ACADEMY,
POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY COACH, CORPORATE TRAINER, MBTI CERTIFIED TRAINER, CERTIFIED SIX SECONDS EI PRACTITIONER
Ms. Rosemarie Yau is a Communication and Public Relations specialist with over 20 years of work experience, including ﬁrst half in the corporate world for multinational and Fortune 500 companies and the second half as a solopreneur managing a communication consultancy boutique that specialises in training and coaching for Communication effectiveness and strengths-based Personal Branding for career success.
Rosemarie specializes in Personal Branding, Strengths Application, Positive Psychology (PP) Visual and Verbal Communication. She was certified in Personal Brand Strategist Reach Communication Consulting (USA) and Train-the-Trainer HK International Human Resources Management.
Mr. Kin U
Interest-free Instalment Plan
BEA HKU SPACE MasterCard Cardholder may enjoy 10-month interest-free instalment.
Government Financial Aid
Hong Kong permanent residents may be eligible to apply for the Extended Non-Means-Tested Loan Scheme (ENLS) from the Student Finance Office of the HKSAR. http://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/sfo/en/index.htm
Days / Time
- Sat - Sun, 9:00am - 7:00pm
- Ms. Peggy Lam, Part-time Lecturer of HKU SPACE Executive Academy
- Ms. Rosemarie Yau, Part-time Lecturer of HKU SPACE Executive Academy, Positive Psychology Coach, Corporate Trainer, MBTICertified Trainer, Certified Six Seconds Ei Practitioner
- Mr. Kin U, Managing Partner of Signium Management Consulting
Offerings from HKU SPACE Executive Academy (SEA) may come in different forms depending on the speciality nature of the disciplines in concern. Nevertheless, these offerings are all designed and delivered in accordance with the 4P Principle which gives the programmes the edge over similar offerings on the marketing.
4P – Perspective, Professional, Practical, Prospective
MODULE / WORKSHOP
TENTATIVE DATES & TIME
10 Aug 2019 (Sat)
2:00pm - 6:00pm
Psychology of Managing Individuals
24 - 25 Aug 2019 (Sat and Sun)
9:00am - 7:00pm
Positive Psychology and Emotional Intelligence
21 - 22 Sep 2019 (Sat and Sun)
9:00am - 7:00pm
12 - 13 Oct 2019 (Sat and Sun)
9:00am - 7:00pm
26 Oct (Sat)
2:00pm - 6:00pm
Influence and Persuasion
30 Nov - 1 Dec (Sat and Sun)
9:00am - 7:00pm
Employee Engagement Psychology
8 - 9 Feb 2020 (Sat and Sun)
9:00am - 7:00pm
Psychology of Organisational Change
14 - 15 Mar 2020 (Sat and Sun)
9:00am - 7:00pm
1. Module Duration:
18 hours for each module | 9:00 am - 7:00 pm (Sat and Sun)
Lunch Session: 1:00pm - 2:00pm
2. The class schedule will be finalised by 1 month prior to the start of the programme and it is subject to change.
3. The programme will be held at Admiralty Learning Centre/ United Learning Centre.
ASSESSMENT FOR EACH MODULE
Group discussion, case analysis, experience sharing, role play and mutual reviews
An individual assignment in 2,000 words
(A)(i)hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized institution; AND
(ii)have three years of full-time work experience in related industries.
(B)(i)hold an equivalent professional qualification(s) in a relevant discipline; AND
(ii)have five years of full-time work experience at senior managerial level in related industries.
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
- an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
- a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
- HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
- HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
- equivalent qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$30000
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Postgraduate Certificate in Managerial Psychology
|COURSE CODE 44E10817A||FEES $30,000||ENQUIRY 2975-5633|
Continuing Education Fund
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Postgraduate Certificate in Managerial Psychology
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or Mastercard online.
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may be admitted by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the programme/course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
Applicants must provide all the required information on the application form and any additional information as required after the intial application assessment. Otherwise the School may not be able to process the admission/enrolment further.
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
In person or by post
- The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.