Social SciencesMedia & Communication
Postgraduate Certificate in Public Relations and Corporate Communication
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 18 Apr 2020 (Sat)
- Next intake(s)
- Around 9 months
- English (except for Module 4 in which apart from English, Cantonese will also be adopted in teaching part of the module with materials in Chinese)
- Course Fee
- HK$18,800 per programme
This Postgraduate Certificate in Public Relations and Corporate Communication aims to equip students with updated knowledge and knowhow to analyse, plan, formulate and design practical and innovative solutions that help address the public relations, corporate communication and media relations challenges that organizations are facing nowadays. By influencing and building up mutual relationships with key stakeholders such as media, employees and community, the organization will effectively achieve their brand goals.
Proud of you all for the graduation!
The programme is designed for:
- Public Relations Executive, Managers, Senior Management
- Business owners
- Sales, Management, Marketing, IT Executives and Managers who are multi-tasking in various function lines of NGO, Public Utilities and Government
- Anyone responsible for developing and/or implementing Public Relations and Corporate Communication strategy for their organizations
- Anyone looking to pursue a career in Public Relations and Corporate Communication
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- critically evaluate the PR and Corporate Communication theories, principles and practice, their importance and impact to stakeholders and society;
- strategically create, design and implement effective and creative PR and Corporate Communication programmes and campaigns through traditional and digital media;
- conduct relevant research independently in the area of strategic planning ;
- develop and apply diagnostic, practical and creative communication skills, in particular the writing skill, in support of the internal and external communication needs and tasks of an organization .
Module Intended Learning Outcomes
1. critically evaluate and explain the key concepts of corporate communication, its role, functions
and importance in an organization;
2. strategically develop the corporate branding and positioning;
3. justify the strategies and tactics for stakeholders management;
4. analyze and device corporate brand communication campaigns;
5. develop plans and campaigns for corporate social responsibility, changes, issues and crisis management
* Course sequences may change due to lecturer's availability and other reasons.
Students who have successfully completed module 1 to module 4 will be awarded "Postgraduate Certificate in Public Relations and Corporate Communication" within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Saturdays and/or Sundays
2:00-5:00 p.m. and/or 6:00-9:00 p.m.
(**Class(es) might also be scheduled on weekday evening in some special occasions.)
Hong Kong Island side Learning Centres
Mr. Aaron Chan
Aaron Chan has over 20 years of working experience in Communications particularly for luxury retail sector. Aaron started his career in project management of IT exhibitions in China. After that, he developed his experiences in public relations agency and then held PR and Communications positions for international brands such as Versace, Cartier, Tiffany & Co., Chaumet etc. During his time working for these brands, he accumulated his knowledge and network in different markets such as China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia, Korea and Australia. His job responsibilities cover public relations, media & advertising, digital communications, event management, celebrity and KOL campaign development and content creation.
Dr. Joseph Chan
Joseph has been working as a journalist, both as a reporter and editor, in Hong Kong and the United States, for more than twenty years. The media he had served were newspapers and magazine, including Sing Tao Daily and South China Morning Post. Concurrently and afterwards, he was a programme organizer and a lecturer in the areas of journalism, public relations and communication, in post-secondary education.
Ms. Donna Chen
With 15 years of experiences working with multinational brands, Donna had exposure to various industries through Product Creation and Corporate Brand Management. Conceptualize and orchestrate campaigns that effectively meet business objective.
Ms. Teresa Chow
Teresa Chow has over 30 years of solid experience managing all aspects of marketing and communications. Her experience spans both public and private sectors and covers China, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore and Taiwan. She has worked as Asia Pacific as well as Greater China Regional Head of Marketing & Communications for world-leading telecommunications and Internet network infrastructure companies. Teresa established her own communications consulting company in 2002 and has provided counsel to multinational clients from a multitude of industry sectors in formulating strategies for stakeholder engagement, internal and external communications as well as helping clients formulate their corporate social responsibility programs. Teresa has also been a part-time lecturer at HKU SPACE since 2004 teaching post graduate level as well as advanced diploma and associate degree programs in public relations, corporate communications, integrated marketing communications, integrated brand communications. In addition, Teresa took up the role of volunteer VP Marketing to a Hong Kong social enterprise startup in March 2016.
Teresa Chow has a Master in Science degree in International Marketing with the University of Strathclyde.
Mr. Daniel Chun
Daniel is currently the GM at a tech startup. With over 25 years of diversified experiences in the tech and charity sector, Daniel has accumulated many years of industry experience using different forms of digital media and communications tools for public relations. Daniel is completing his PhD degree and has a M.Res, MBA, M.IT, B.Sc and a Pg Diploma in Marketing. Daniel is an Executive Committee member at HKETA.org.hk and SmartCity.org.hk and also chairs the media communication sub-committee at HKCII.com
Ms. Renée Kwan
As former Managing Director of TBWA\Hakuhodo Guang Zhou (affiliate agency of global communication network Omnicom), Renée has 25+ years of experience in the fields of media communication, branding, advertising and event management, both agency and corporate sides. With the TV programme production knowledge in her early stage of career, and subsequent senior management roles in various global communication networks including Nitro Group, Publicis and Asatsu-DK, Renée is one of the well-respected media communication expert in the industry. The brands she had worked with include Nissan Automobiles, Unilever, Mitsubishi Motors, Hewlett Packard, Sony Ericsson, Kodak and Marlboro, Hong Kong Jockey Club and Emperor Watch and Jewelry, to name just a few. In the last six years Renée had worked as Brand Strategy Consultant. Her projects included a CBD development in Tianjin, China; the rebranding of Cathay Pacific and the pitch for Vitasoy International.
As a life-long learner and with her increased love for adult teaching and learning, Renée is pursuing her Doctor of Education degree, in addition to her accomplished Master of Education with distinction awarded by University of Bristol, UK; and a MBA from Hong Kong University of Science and Technology. Renée is also a member of Hong Kong Public Relations Professionals’ Association.
Ms. Wendy Kwan
Wendy Kwan is a leading trainer in PR and communications. She specializes in strategic communication, presentation skills and writing for the media. With 16 years of training experience, she has delivered more than 400 courses to business executives. She has led on-camera simulation workshops for government departments such as the Hong Kong Observatory and the Treasury. Her courses are favourably rated by participants as practical and inspiring. She has also been invited to host public seminars in the annual Hong Kong Education and Careers Expo. Apart from business training, Wendy also teaches communication courses at the Hong Kong Baptist University and HKU Space. She previously held senior positions in corporations including Standard Chartered Bank, PCCW and MTR. Wendy graduated from the University of Hong Kong. She obtained her MBA from the University of Leicester and was awarded a teaching certificate from the University of Cambridge.
Mr. James Li
James began his career in communications in early 1990s after amassing a wealth of knowledge in Classical and Modern Chinese through studying Chinese language & literature at CUHK. With over 20 years of senior-level multimedia and corporate copywriting experience spanning across world-leading advertising agencies, television channels and local enterprises, James has worked with many household names and multinational corporations including HSBC, UBS, DBS, The Community Chest, HP, Samsung, Mitsubishi Motors, Kerry Properties and Hang Lung Properties. Combining his knowledge and experience with his passion, James’s lectures are sure to be both engaging and stimulating.
Dr Warren Linger
Warren Linger is the founder of Certified Innovation Consulting and Training, a branding and communications firm that helps small business owners and influencers increase their incomes from 5 to 6 to 7 figures.
His clients include:
● representatives from 50+ countries
● over 25000 individuals who wanted to improve ● a former Fortune 500 CEO
His writings include:
● over 200 blogs on engagement, innovation, and automation
● 2 books on leadership tools including global business and management
● over 50 academic and conference papers on innovative and engaged learning
Before devoting his work fulltime to Certified Innovation, Warren served as a guest lecturer, assistant, and associate professor in management and communication for universities on five continents.
Warren is most well known for his innovative, problem solving and has researched and practiced with clients to create innovative systems to increase engagement for employees as well as customers.
Using best practices from both the East and the West, Warren has developed coaching systems that focus on improving quality of lifestyle for business owners as they multiply their business productivity.
Mr. Lo Tze On
Specializing in public relations strategy and marketing communications, Mr. Lo has served a wide range of corporations with solid corporate experience. He set up his own PR consultancy firm for more than 20 years. Before that, he hold senior executive positions with a number of major companies including SHK International Services Ltd., Adsale Exhibition Services Ltd., etc.
Ms. Janice Lui
Janice Lui is one of the few people in Hong Kong that have flourish cross media experience. She currently serves as Editor and Anchor of Hong Kong Economic Journal. Duties include producing & anchoring online content.
Before the digital days, Janice was the Finance Editor and Producer of FM 104 Metro Finance and Assistant Business Editor of Asia Television (ATV). She also worked for a number of influential local dailies and magazine: Ming Pao Daily and Forbes Zinbenjia, the Chinese edition of the U.S. Forbes Magazine.
She obtained her MBA from California State University, Hayward and was awarded Diploma in Journalism from Hong Kong Shue Yan College.
Ms. Eppie Tam
Ms Eppie Tam is the Founding Member and the present Vice Chairman of the Steering Committee of the Hong Kong Public Relations Professionals’ Association. She is a seasoned public relations practitioner and has worked for different renowned public relations consultancies and multi-national corporations in Hong Kong and Mainland China since 1980s. Currently, she is the Director of the Allied Global Communications Consultant.
Working for both in-house and public relations agencies in her Communications Industry career, Eppie has managed various Public Relations and Marketing projects for world-class organizations. Before then, she also worked for the South China Morning Post and the Hong Kong Economic Journal as reporter covering Finance and Business News.
Training is another area that Eppie has engaged and committed in past decades. Other than organizing and conducting different training workshops in Media Training, Corporate Communications and Marketing, she also lectures at various academic institutions in Hong Kong.
Mr. R. Wong
Mr. Wong has over 20 years of regional experiences in the field of marketing communications, brand management, corporate communications, CSR communications and public relations gained from MNCs. He teaches more than 18 Universities from USA, Australia, UK, Macau and local since 1999 at the postgraduate level. He also conducts corporate training in areas of negotiation, crisis management and business model generations for MNCs in Hong Kong, Macau, and China.
With professional qualification in Marketing, Mr. Wong received his MBA degree from Monash University, MA degree in English from the Hong Kong Polytechnic University and MA degree in Electronic Business (Distinction) from City University of Hong Kong.
b) have gained in the HKCEE Grade E in 5 subjects and Level 3 in Chinese Language and English
have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 3 in 5 subjects including Chinese Language; or
have gained in the HKALE Grade E in 2 AL subject(s) or 2 AS subject(s);
possess 10 and more years of relevant working experiences in related industries;
II) provide evidence of English proficiency (if the degree or equivalent qualification is from an
i. an overall band of 6.0 with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
ii. a score of 550 in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 in the computer-based TOEFL, or a
iii. HKALE Use of English at Grade E; or
iv. HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3; or
v. equivalent qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$18,800 per programme ( *Course fee is non-refundable and subject to change without prior notice. Admin charge applies to course withdrawal.)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Postgraduate Certificate in Public Relations and Corporate Communication
|COURSE CODE 21E07859-7||FEES $18,800||ENQUIRY 3762-0868|
Continuing Education Fund
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Postgraduate Certificate in Public Relations and Corporate Communication
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Applicants should send the standard HKU SPACE application form (SF26) to Ms Agnes Kwong, Room 1109, 11/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King’s Road, North Point, Hong Kong, with:
- copies of academic certificates;
- 500-word personal statement (outlining your education, training and working experience and saying how you think will benefit from the programme);
- a crossed cheque for $150 application fee made payable to "HKU SPACE";
- a copy of HKID card or passport.
The application document can also be submitted to any one of our enrollment centres.Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.