Postgraduate Diploma in Arbitration and Mediation (credit bearing courses)
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Financial assistance
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 11 Jul 2020 (Sat)
- Next intake(s)
- 1-2 week
Mediation Practice are all submitted to Hong Kong Mediation Accreditation Association Limited (HKMAAL) for accreditation as meeting stage One training requirements leading to accreditation as a member of the Association General Panel of mediators. The attendee needs to complete two further satisfactory assessments to apply for such accreditation. Each course is individually accredited.
Upon successful completion of the course, an attendee will also qualify to apply for Associate Membership of the UK Chartered Institute of Arbitrators without having to sit for usual examination.
The programme is a series of training workshops (40 contact hours), which aim to provide professional training on mediation knowledge, skills, processes and procedures through studying practical problems in real-life mediation. Students are equippied to become accredited professional mediators.
It is suitable for Legal Practitioners, Barristers, Corporate Counsels, Architects, Engineers, Quantity Surveyors, Accountants, Governments Officials, Corporate Executives, Senior Management, Corporate Communications Managers and anyone wishing to improve their conflict resolution skills for everyday use.
July 2020 Intake
11 July 2020 (Sat) 08:45-19:15
12 July 2020 (Sun) 08:45-18:15
14 July 2020 (Tue) 19:00-22:00
16 July 2020 (Thu) 19:00-22:00
18 July 2020 (Sat) 08:45-19:15
19 July 2020 (Sun) 08:45-18:15
|Application Code||1835-HB036A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
- 6 meeting(s)
- Ms. Jody Sin
- Mr. Michael Beckett
Applicants shall hold:-
- A bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent, in a relevant discipline with at least 2 years of experience; OR
- A relevant professional qualification (e.g. RIBA/HKIA, RICS/HKIS, CIOB/HKICM, CIBSE/ICE/HKIE, HKIH/CIH, CILT, ICS, CIPS/HKIPS etc)
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English,
applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency such as
- an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
- a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
- HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
- HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
- equivalent qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
- HK$16,000 per programme (non refundable)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|COURSE CODE 21Z03646-7||FEES $16,000||ENQUIRY 2508-8864|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
|The Office of the Continuing Education Fund does not have record of registration of this course under the Qualifications Framework*
*This course is CEF reimbursable before the establishment of the Qualifications Framework
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or Mastercard online.
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may be admitted by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the programme/course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
Applicants must provide all the required information on the application form and any additional information as required after the intial application assessment. Otherwise the School may not be able to process the admission/enrolment further.
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
In person or by post
- The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.