Business & Management Business Management
The programme aims to provide students with a structural framework for analysing how psychological factors impact financial behaviour and financial markets as well as to discuss the applications of behavioural finance theories on market trading and financial planning with actual cases. The programme helps students recognize and explore the behavioural biases and trains them to establish financial trading systems in a logical and scientific way. Students can also improve their ability to formulate risk management strategies and leverage the calculation of financial big data to deal with the complex and changing financial market environment.
The programme consists of 11 modules:
- Financial Markets
- Investment Products and Decision Making Process
- Investor Behavioural Biases
- Techniques and Software in Applied Financial Engineering
- Psychology of Trading
- Investment Motivation and Emotion
- Optimal Investment Portfolio and Financial Risk Management
- Behavioural Finance in Financial Planning
- Algorithmic Trading and Application Strategy
- Financial Therapy
- Final Project
Upon completion of the programme, students will be awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE a Postgraduate Diploma in Behavioural Finance and Investment Decision.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- Apply various theories and frameworks to analyse the influence and effect of behavioural biases in financial decision-making;
- Critically analyse financial market anomalies caused by behavioural biases and behavioural decision traps;
- Discuss and critically evaluate how the perspectives of behavioural finance complement the traditional finance theories;
- Critically analyse and examine the impacts of behavioural biases in global financial markets, speculation and financial crisis;
- Develop financial trading programs in systematic and computerized methods, as well as formulate appropriate trading strategies with suitable investment behaviourial rules and risk management measures;
- Apply behavioural finance frameworks in financial planning, corporate financial decisions, market trading, program trading, financial risk management and financial therapy.
Fee & Entry Requirements
Applicants shall hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized institution; OR possess professional qualification(s) in relevant discipline plus five years of full-time work experience at senior managerial level.
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
- an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
- a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
- HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
- HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
- equivalent qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
- Course Fee : HK$78000
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Please submit your application with all of the following documents to one of our enrolment centres in person or by post to the following address:
HKU SPACE Executive Academy
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
10/F., T. T. Tsui Building
The University of Hong Kong
Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong
Attn: CFM Programme Team
- Duly completed HKU SPACE application form (SF26);
- Copy of HKID Card#;
- Certified true copies of full educational certificates and transcripts;
- Testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant’s work experience;
- A 500-word letter outlining the applicant's education, training and working experience, and saying how he/she would benefit from the programme;
- Resume; and
- A crossed cheque or bank draft of HK$150 made payable to "HKU SPACE" as application fee (non-refundable)
# To study in Hong Kong, all non-local applicants are required to obtain a student visa issued by the Immigration Department of the HKSAR Government, except for those admitted to Hong Kong for employment or as dependants, who do not need prior approval before taking up part-time studies. It is the responsibility of individual applicants to make appropriate visa arrangements. Holding an acceptance letter to a HKU SPACE academic programme/course does not guarantee the issue of a student visa.Payment Method
Applicants may also pay the tuition fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Business Management