Technology, Aviation, Engineering & SciencesAdvanced Technology & Computing
Postgraduate Diploma in Cyber Security
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 16 months
- Course Fee
- HK$180,000 (To be paid in 2 instalments)
The programme aims to provide students with essential knowledge in various aspects of cybersecurity topics and an understanding of hands-on skills in managing a computing and Internet connected infrastructure. Students will also learn the skills in handling the possible cyber-attacks launched by modern advance adversaries.
The course is in-line with well-known cyber security certifications. The key design rationale of the programme is to make sure that the programme can match the fundamental elements containing in various cyber security certifications.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- Apply the cyber security methods and techniques to analyse cyber-attack incidents
- Detect cyber threats in relation to computing and Internet connected network infrastructure
- Employ systematic methodologies and procedures to conduct cyber-attack investigations
- Apply digital forensics principles and techniques to investigate computer systems problems
- Analyse criteria and specifications appropriate to computing and Internet connected network infrastructure
- Solve problems for possible cyber-attacks launched by modern advanced adversaries
- Formulate security incident plans to monitor either known or unknown cyber-attacks
This is a 16 months part time programme consisting of 7 core modules and 3 elective modules. Each module includes 30 lectures / laboratory hours and 2 hours written examination.
The programme will be delivered in part-time mode. Teaching will be mainly by formal lectures. Laboratory / Workshop will be organized complement with formal lectures. There will be 3 terms per year. Students are expected to undertake 2 - 3 modules per term. The medium of instruction will be English.
Sstudents must satisfy the following criteria:
Achieve 75% attendance
Passing the continuous assessment and examination component of all modules
Students who have completed all the required modules will be awarded with a Postgraduate Diploma in Cyber Security within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Students who have successfully completed this programme are eligible to apply for admission to MSc Cyber Security offered by Manchester Metropolitan University in collaboration with HKU SPACE.
|Cyber Security Essentials||30|
|Network Security and Forensics Analysis||30|
|Cyber Incident Response||30|
|Ethical Hacking and Penetration Testing||30|
|Reversing Engineering and Malware Analysis||30|
|Cyber Threat Intelligence||30|
|SIEM, Endpoint Analytics and SOC Implementation||30|
Elective Module( Select ANY THREE of the below )
|Advanced Malware Analysis||30|
|Advanced Network Security and Its Application||30|
|Advanced Windows Forensics and Investigation||30|
|Advanced Penetration Testing||30|
1. (a) hold a bachelor's degree in a related discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Systems) awarded by a recognized university
2. provide evidence of English proficiency if they hold a professional qualification or their bachelor’s degree is from a university where the teaching medium is not English, such as:
- an overall band of 6.5 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
- a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
- HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
- HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
- Equivalent qualifications
* Practitioner includes IT/Computer engineer, Accountant/Forensic accountant, Forensic scientist/Laboratory specialist, IT security professional, CISO/CTO/CIO or IT manager.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- HK$180,000 (To be paid in 2 instalments)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Applicants are required to
- apply in person by submitting the Application Form SF26; AND
- with original and copy of the above documents to any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
Applicants will be informed for the admission results after assessment.
- Applicants who have responded to the previous admission need not re-apply.
- HKU SPACE reserves the right to cancel a course in case of insufficient enrolment or unforeseen difficulties arising from running the course.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
Accepted applicants will receive offer letter and should bring along the offer letter when paying the course fees at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
- Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by crossed cheque made payable to "HKU SPACE". Please specify the programme title(s) for application, student's name, and student card number (if applicable).