Business & ManagementInnovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship
Postgraduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 26 Jan 2019 (Sat)
- Next intake(s)
- August 2019
- 1 year
- Course Fee
- HK$48,000 in total
The programme aims at providing students with modern knowledge of management practices for innovation and entrepreneurship; growing talents with mission-driven entrepreneurship and innovation management competence; and inspiring students to leverage open innovation and collaboration for sustainable growth in knowledge economy.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- develop an innovative business with social impacts and unique differentiation from competitors;
- formulate a growth strategy with value marketing, intellectual assets and knowledge management;
- identify key drivers of collaborative innovation with principled engagement, shared motivation and joint capacity; and
- deliver a solid business plan to launch new venture for entrepreneurial start-up and/or corporate project.
Students who complete the following modules 1 to 5 will be awarded with a Postgraduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management within the HKU System through HKU SPACE.
Students who complete the following modules 2 to 4 will be awarded with a Postgraduate Certificate in Innovation Management within the HKU System through HKU SPACE.
- Entrepreneurship and Creativity: Social & Economic Impacts
- Value Marketing and Innovation Strategy
- Intellectual Property and Knowledge Management
- Winning Synergy: Open Innovation and Collaboration
- Start-Up Formula: Launching New Ventures
Each module will be assessed by coursework in combinations of group project presentations and/or individual assignments. For the modules of "Value Marketing and Innovation Strategy" and "Intellectual Property and Knowledge Management", there are 2-hour examinations.
Entrepreneurship and Creativity: Social & Economic Impacts
- Entrepreneurship in Theory and Practice
- Building Creative Enterprise
- Entrepreneurial Creativity and Growth
- Entrepreneurship with Social and Economic Impacts
Value Marketing and Innovation Strategy
- Leading Innovation with Strategy
- Managing Innovation with Tactics
- Marketing for Open Innovation
- Reinventing Innovation Model
- Innovating with Impacts: Case Studies
Intellectual Property and Knowledge Management
- Essentials of Intellectual Property (IP)
- IP Management for Innovation
- Strategic Portfolio Management
- Knowledge Transfer and Management
Winning Synergy : Open Innovation and Collaboration
- Innovation Paradigm Shift
- Project Management for Innovation
- Conflict Management for Collaboration
- Collaborative Governance for Innovation
Start-Up Formula: Launching New Ventures
- Overview for Entrepreneur
- Elements to Start
- Building Business Models
- Product and Solution Design
- Business Plan & Implementation
- Financial Management
2 terms every year commencing June and December.
Weekly Lectures, 2 - 3 modules per term, two terms in one year.
Weekdays (7 – 10pm) and Weekends (2:00 – 7:00pm).
Lecturers' Profiles (Part of HKU SPACE Faculty)
Lecturer: Dr. Alan Miller
Managing Director, Liquate Co.
Lecturer: Dr. Sidney Tam
CEO of CRMI (a HK Listed Company)
Eng. Doctorate (Warwick)
Lecturer: Dr. Humphry Hung
Former Lecturer, HK Polytechnic University
PhD (CityU), MBA, MPA (HKU)
Lecturer: Dr.Donnie Dong
IP & IT Lawyer, International Law Firm
Lecturer: Dr. Farzad Sabetazdeh
Knowledge Management Specialist, Cherrypicks
PhD (HK PolyU)
Lecturer: Dr. Lawrence Yeung
Hong Kong Lawyer (IP Expertise)
Partner, International Law Firm
LLM, PCLL, PhD in Laws
Lecturer: Mr. Larry Lai
Patent Attorney, Solicitor, Leading Law Firm
Juris Doctor (CUHK)
Lecturer: Mr. Albert Au
Founder and CEO, AcesoBee Ltd
Lecturer: Mr. Henry Ma
College Principal Lecturer, HKU SPACE
Lecturer: Ms. Ya-hsin Shen
Technology Transfer Consultant
Lecturer: Ms. Jennifer Che
Patent Attorney; Vice President, Eagle IP Ltd.
Juris Doctor (USA), BSc (MIT)
Applicants should have:
a. (i) a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized institution; OR
(ii) a professional qualification in a relevant discipline and five years of full-time work experience at senior managerial level in related industries.
b. a good command of English. If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
i. an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
ii. a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
iii. HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
iv. HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
v. equivalent qualifications.
Applicants not meeting the standard set of criteria for admission will be assessed on individual merit if she or he has at least 10 years of relevant working experience in entrepreneurship and/or innovation management.
HK$150 HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- HK$48,000 in total
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
CEF SectorBusiness Services
|Entrepreneurship and Creativity: Social & Economic Impacts (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10130-7||FEES $9,600||ENQUIRY 2867-8318|
|Value Marketing and Innovation Strategy (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10131-5||FEES $9,600||ENQUIRY 2867-8318|
|Intellectual Property and Knowledge Management (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10132-3||FEES $9,600||ENQUIRY 2867-8318|
|Winning Synergy: Open Innovation and Collaboration (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10133-1||FEES $9,600||ENQUIRY 2867-8318|
|Start-Up Formula: Launching New Ventures (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10134-A||FEES $9,600||ENQUIRY 2867-8318|
|Continuing Education Fund reimbursable programme (selected modules only)
Some modules of this programme have been included in the list of CEF reimbursable programmes. Application for CEF has to be made before commencement of the modules.
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Financial Assistance: HKU SPACE MasterCard (Bank of East Asia) - Cardholders can enjoy 10-month interest-free installments for payment of course fee and perpetual annual fee waiver.
All applicants are required to complete the application form and submit it with ONE set of the following supporting documents together with application fee of HK$150 to any of the HKUSPACE enrolment centres:
1. Certified true copies* of full educational certificates and transcripts;
2. Original / Certified true copies* of testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant’s working experience;
3. Photocopy of Hong Kong Identity Card;
*Certified true copies: Original certificates and transcripts together with the copies are required to be presented to any HKUSPACE enrolment centres for verification.Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE MasterCard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or MasterCard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please aubmit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- Relevant Programmes
- Preparatory Courses for University of London (Queen Mary) Global MBA Executive Certificate in B2B Market and Innovation Strategy Executive Certificate in Collaborative Innovation Management Executive Certificate in Commercialization of Innovative Products Executive Certificate in Intellectual Property Asset Management Executive Certificate in Start-Up Formula Executive Certificate in Digital Business and Innovation