Business & Management Business Management
The programme aims to train middle and senior management, administrative and financial officers in financial or financial-related enterprises so that they can acquire relevant expertise in the three scopes of financial investment management, operational management and organizational management. Upon the completion of the programme, the candidates will be able to recognize the operation of financial systems, the innovation of financial products and the problems faced by enterprises in financing and development during the startup and expansion stage. The candidates is then able to determine appropriate investment strategies and formulate relevant internal control policies correspondingly from the perspective of financial risk management. Students will also enhance their data processing skills and technology application skills in business operational management as well as strengthen their leadership skills in business development and talent management.
The programme consists of 11 modules:
- Financial System and Macroeconomic Analysis
- Behavioural Finance
- Strategic Finance and Value Creation
- Financial Innovation and Product Promotion
- Financial Risk and Internal Control
- Value Negotiation and Game Theory
- Project Financing and Management
- Financial Technology and Business Intelligence
- Leadership and Change Management
- Strategic Talent Management
- Final Project
Upon completion of the programme, students will be awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE a Postgraduate Diploma in Finance and Business Management.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- Elaborate and explain the principles and reasons of the adoption of financing arrangements, financial investment tools and methods, risk management methods and corporate financial and investment planning during the development of the enterprises;
- Analyse the pricing and risks of financial products and projects and the management of business projects systematically;
- Utilize various business intelligence solutions and financial technology techniques to enhance the corporate operational efficiency and their decision-making ability effectively;
- Apply the knowledge of organizational management in order to effectively lead the team with the enterprise directions and properly organize the human resources development plans;
- Integrate and comprehensively apply the knowledge of financial investment management, compliance in finance and corporate governance, enterprise development planning, business intelligence solutions, application of financial technology and organizational management to formulate appropriate measures for the development of the enterprises.
Fee & Entry Requirements
Applicants shall hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized institution with 3 years’ relevant work experience.
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
- an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
- a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
- HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
- HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
- equivalent qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on individual merit.
- Course Fee : HK$82000
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Please submit your application with all of the following documents to one of our enrolment centres in person or by post to the following address:
HKU SPACE Executive Academy
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
10/F., T. T. Tsui Building
The University of Hong Kong
Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong
Attn: CFM Programme Team
- Duly completed HKU SPACE application form (SF26);
- Copy of HKID Card#;
- Certified true copies of full educational certificates and transcripts;
- Testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant’s work experience;
- A 500-word letter outlining the applicant's education, training and working experience, and saying how he/she would benefit from the programme;
- Resume; and
- A crossed cheque or bank draft of HK$150 made payable to "HKU SPACE" as application fee (non-refundable)
# To study in Hong Kong, all non-local applicants are required to obtain a student visa issued by the Immigration Department of the HKSAR Government, except for those admitted to Hong Kong for employment or as dependants, who do not need prior approval before taking up part-time studies. It is the responsibility of individual applicants to make appropriate visa arrangements. Holding an acceptance letter to a HKU SPACE academic programme/course does not guarantee the issue of a student visa.Payment Method
Applicants may also pay the tuition fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Business Management
- Relevant Programmes
- Postgraduate Diploma in Corporate Finance and Investment Management