BusinessMarketing & Branding
Postgraduate Diploma in Services and Retail Marketing
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 06 Nov 2017 (Mon)
- Next intake(s)
- March 2018
- 12 months to 24 months
This Postgraduate Diploma provides opportunities for managers of the retail and services sector to develop and enhance the marketing knowledge, international perspective and managerial skills required to enhance their company's competitiveness, innovative capabilities and brand reputation.
- This programme is registered in the HKQR at level 6.
- Exemption of up to 3 modules may be considered based on individual merits.
- Intermediate awards are available for students who partially complete and choose to exit the programme.
Graduates may have up to 80 credits exempted towards the 180-credits MSc in Marketing / MSc in Marketing with Festival and Event Management / MSc in Marketing with Sales Management programmes in association with Edinburgh Napier University.
To receive the award of Postgraduate Diploma in Services and Retail Marketing, students are required to complete 3 common core modules plus 2 specialism core modules and 1 elective module.
Common Core Modules
1. Integrated Brand Communications
2. Consumer Behaviour and Branding
3. Advertising and Media
Specialiam Core Modules
4. Services Marketing
5. Retail Marketing Strategies
6. Elective Modules (Choose any one)
Social Media Marketing
Content Marketing and Corporate Communication
Luxury Brand Management
Students who complete any 5 modules from modules 1 to 6 may choose to exit with the intermediate award of Postgraduate Diploma in Marketing Studies.
Students who complete any 1 common core module and 2 specialism core modules may choose to exit with the intermediate award of Postgraduate Certificate in Services and Retail Marketing.
Students who complete the 3 common core modules may choose to exit with the intermediate award of Postgraduate Certificate in Marketing Studies.
Exemption of up to 3 modules may be considered based on individual merit. A non-refundable fee of HK$500 per module is payable for each application for exemption.
On completion of the Postgraduate Diploma in Services and Retail Marketing, participants are eligible to apply for admission to :
- Master of Science in Marketing awarded by Edinburgh Napier University, UK
- Master of Science in Marketing with Festival and Event Management awarded by Edinburgh Napier University, UK
- Master of Science in Marketing with Sales Management awarded by Edinburgh Napier University, UK
- Master of Science Strategic Brand Management awarded by University of Hull, UK (subject to approval)
- Any HKU SPACE Learning Centres
Weekly Lectures, 1 to 2 modules per term, three terms in one year.
Weekdays (7 - 10 pm) and occsioanl Weekends (2:30 - 5:30 pm).
Applicants should have:
- i. a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized institution; OR
ii. a professional qualification in a relevant discipline and 5 years of full-time work experience at senior managerial level in related industries.
2. A good command of English. If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
i. an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
ii. a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
iii. HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
iv. HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
v. Equivalent qualifications.
Applicants not meeting the standard set of criteria for admission will be assessed on individual merit.
- HK$4700 per module (for Common Core Modules- subject to change)
- HK$4400 per module (for Specialism Core and Elective Modules - subject to change)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
CEF SectorBusiness Services
|Integrated Brand Communications (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Services and Retail Marketing)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z09500-5||FEES $4,700||ENQUIRY 2867 8315|
|Consumer Behaviour and Branding (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Services and Retail Marketing)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z09503-A||FEES $4,700||ENQUIRY 2867 8315|
|Services Marketing (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Services and Retail Marketing)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z09506-4||FEES $4,400||ENQUIRY 2867-8315|
|Retail Marketing Strategies (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Services and Retail Marketing)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z09509-9||FEES $4,400||ENQUIRY 2867-8315|
|Social Media Marketing (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Services and Retail Marketing)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z09512-9||FEES $4,400||ENQUIRY 2867-8315|
|Digital Marketing (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Services and Retail Marketing)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z09515-3||FEES $4,400||ENQUIRY 2867-8315|
|Luxury Brand Management (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Services and Retail Marketing)|
|COURSE CODE 22Z09526-1||FEES $4,400||ENQUIRY 2867-8315|
|Fashion Marketing (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Services and Retail Marketing)|
|COURSE CODE 22Z09529-6||FEES $4,400||ENQUIRY 2867-8315|
|Continuing Education Fund reimbursable programme (selected modules only)
Some modules of this programme have been included in the list of CEF reimbursable programmes. Application for CEF has to be made before commencement of the modules.
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
All applicants are required to complete the application form and submit it with ONE set of the following supporting documents together with application fee of HK$150 to any of the HKUSPACE enrolment centres:
1.Certified true copies* of full educational certificates and transcripts;
2. Original / Certified true copies* of testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant’s working experience;
3. Photocopy of Hong Kong Identity Card#;
*Certified true copies: Original certificates and transcripts together with the copies are required to be presented to any HKUSPACE enrolment centres for verification.
#To study in Hong Kong, all non-local applicants are required to obtain a student visa issued by the Immigration Department of the HKSAR Government, except for those admitted to Hong Kong for employment or as dependants, who do not need prior approval before taking up part-time studies. It is the responsibility of individual applicants to make appropriate visa arrangements. Holding an acceptance letter to a HKU SPACE academic programme/course does not guarantee the issue of a student visa.Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Only application fee can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or Bank Draft
Application fee and Course fees can be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to "HKU SPACE". Please specify the programme title(s) for application, student's name, and student card number (if applicable).
Applicants may also pay the Application fee and Course fees by VISA or MasterCard, including "HKU SPACE MasterCard", at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres.