Marketing & HospitalityDigital and Social Media Marketing
Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Branding and Digital Reputation Management
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 09 Mar 2020 (Mon)
- 1 year to 2 years
- Course Fee
- 4700 - 5200 per module
The programme aims to equip students with the credentials and expertise that prepare them for a variety of career opportunities in the brand management and public relations sectors.
The programme provides the knowledge, international perspective and managerial skills in marketing communications, public relations, reputation management, corporate event management, and corporate branding. A broad and holistic view will be given to students with practical techniques and tools to achieve the goals and objectives of strategic branding and digital reputation management.
- This programme is registered in the HKQR at level 6.
- Exemption of up to 3 modules may be considered based on individual merits.
- Intermediate award is available for students who partially complete and choose to exit the programme.
- Graduates may have up to 60 credits exempted towards the 180-credits MSc in Marketing */ MSc in Marketing with Festival and Event Management */ MSc in Marketing with Sales Management* programmes in association with Edinburgh Napier University.
*This is an exempted course under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- Discuss the nature of innovation and apply the brand driven innovation to develop, manage, control and sustain brands in the marketplace.
- Design and implement brand strategies to help brand differentiation and build brand equity.
- Develop an integrated marketing communications plan to effectively manage a brand.
- Synthesize knowledge about digital reputation management and devise strategies to protect an organization and its stakeholders from threats on their reputation.
- Plan and manage corporate events from different perspectives.
- Apply effective social media strategies to engage with both brand communities and consumer tribes.
Students who complete the following modules 1 to 6 will be awarded with a Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Branding and Digital Reputation Management within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
- Strategic Brand Management
- Creative Branding and Innovation
- Integrated Marketing and Brand Communications
- Digital Reputation Management
- Corporate Event Management
- Brand Community and Tribal Marketing
Students who complete the following 3 modules may choose to exit with the intermediate award of Postgraduate Certificate in Strategic Branding and Digital Reputation Management awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
1. Strategic Brand Management
2. Digital Reputation Management
3. One of the followings:
Integrated Marketing and Brand Communications
Corporate Event Management
Brand Community and Tribal Marketing
Assessment for all modules is based on continuous assessment and/or final examination. The continuous assessment inclused quizzes, written assignments (paper, essay, or report), group project and/or presentation. The overall passing mark is 50%.
Teacher / Speaker Profile
Mr. Darren Kerr
Agency Head / Executive Producer,
FACTOR168 Creative Event Company
- creative design and delivery of innovative and engaging live communication programs
- strategic marketing
- targeted program design creation, eclectic styling senses
- Wall Street Journal CEO Summit Tokyo
- Huawei product launches in Berlin, Nice and Barcelona,
- 65th Miss Universe After Party
- Launch of the Okada integrated resort
- Eight successive years producing the President’s Club incentive series for EMC throughout Asia including Angkor Wat
- APEC CEO Summit with over twenty heads of state in attendance including President Obama and President Xi Jingping
- Best Event Production
- Best Social Event over USD75k
- finalist in the Best Export category at the inaugural Australian Special Events awards
- “Markies” agency of the year award 2013
Ms Dawn Dennis
Event Professional [Worldwide]
- Chaos control and no-time management
- Team engagement and leadership
- Cross-cultural project management
- Budget and operational management
- Originally from Las Vegas, USA, has 27 years in the events industry with last 10 in Asia.
- Worked events for across numerous client industries and almost all types of live entertainment shows
- Major events include 2008 Beijing & 2010 Vancouver Olympics for McDonald’s, two largest casino openings in Macau, global product launches for leading device company
- At most recent position as Director of Event Operations for HK’s leading event agency, the company won over 40 awards during my 3+ years at this position.
|Application Code||1775-MK065A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
- Any HKU SPACE Learning Centre
- Critically evaluate the role of strategic brand management at the corporate, marketing department, and marketing communications levels;
- Recommend appropriate brand management strategies for a chosen product in a target market;
- Measure and interpret brand performance in terms of brand equity; and
- Develop a marketing plan to grow and sustain brand equity.
Critically review concepts and theories relating to creative branding;
Evaluate the role of creativity and innovation in global economy;
Assess the current market and critically review how creativity and innovation have been commercialized and commodified;
Discuss and analyze the key factors that facilitate and nurture creativity and innovation in organizations.
Critically examine the organizational dynamics of creative and innovative organizations using the major business models and marketing principles; and
Conduct research on the actual operation and industry culture of creative and innovative organizations.
Appraise the theoretical and practical elements underpinning marketing and brand communications in specific marketing scenarios;
Critique the validity of a variety of consumer-based models relating to the development of effective promotional activities in different market environments;
Analyze the nature, role and importance of marketing and brand communications in an international context;
Develop, recommend and justify a marketing and brand communications plan;
Evaluate the role of brand communications strategy within a marketing framework; and
Apply analytical and problem solving skills from different strategic perspectives to resolve marketing and brand communications problems, cases, and questions.
Evaluate and measure a company’s reputational capital in the digital age;Identify and evaluate online reputation threats including strategic, financial, social, environmental, behavioral, legal, operational, and technological threats;
Assess the impact of digital media on corporate branding and public relations;
Develop and strengthen relationships with stakeholders including media, employee, community, and investor; and
Identify, prioritize, and manage issues in response to emerging trends or changes in the socio-political environment.
- Differentiate the characteristics of different types of corporate events;
- Evaluate supply trends of corporate events in local, national and global context;
- Analyse the different types of demand and the decision-making processes of corporate event buyers;
- Review the planning and management of corporate events from different perspectives;
- Identify and assess the principal economic, political, socio-cultural and environmental impacts of corporate events in a destination; and
- Determine the appropriate application of management strategies for the successful planning, implementation and control of corporate events.
Explain the relationships among brand communities, consumer tribes, and tribal marketing;
Apply the brand community model to nurture consumers and brand enthusiasts;
Identify and appraise successful consumer tribes locally and globally; and
Design a social media marketing plan to build a long term relationship between brand and its tribe.
3 terms every year commencing July, November and March.
Weekly Lectures, 1 to 2 modules per term, three terms in one year.
Weekdays (7 - 10pm) and occasional Weekends (2:30 - 5:30 pm).
Applicants should have:
a) i. a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized institution; OR
ii. a professional qualification in a relevant discipline and three years of full-time work experience at senior managerial level in related industries.
b) A good command of English
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
i. an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
ii. a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
iii. HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
iv. HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
v. equivalent qualifications.
Applicants not meeting the standard set of criteria for admission will be assessed on individual merit.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : 4700 - 5200 per module (Subject to change)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Brand Community and Tribal Marketing (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Branding and Digital Reputation Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10037-8||FEES $4,700||ENQUIRY 2867-8315|
|Creative Branding and Innovation (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Branding and Digital Reputation Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10034-3||FEES $5,200||ENQUIRY 2867-8315|
|Digital Reputation Management (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Branding and Digital Reputation Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10036-A||FEES $4,700||ENQUIRY 2867-8315|
|Integrated Marketing and Brand Communications (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Branding and Digital Reputation Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10035-1||FEES $4,700||ENQUIRY 2867-8315|
|Strategic Brand Management (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Branding and Digital Reputation Management)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10033-5||FEES $5,200||ENQUIRY 2867-8315|
|Corporate Event Management (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Branding and Digital Reputation Management)|
|COURSE CODE 26Z10058-4||FEES $4,700||ENQUIRY 2867-8315|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Branding and Digital Reputation Management
Postgraduate Certificate in Strategic Branding and Digital Reputation Management
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
All applicants are required to complete the application form and submit it with ONE set of the following supporting documents together with application fee of HK$150 to any of the HKUSPACE enrolment centres:
1.Certified true copies* of full educational certificates and transcripts;
2. Original / Certified true copies* of testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant’s working experience;
3. Photocopy of Hong Kong Identity Card;
*Certified true copies: Original certificates and transcripts together with the copies are required to be presented to any HKUSPACE enrolment centres for verification.
1. Cash or EPS
Application fee and Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or Bank Draft
Application fee and Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to "HKU SPACE". Please specify the programme title(s) for application, student's name, and student card number (if applicable).
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including "HKU SPACE MasterCard", at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of HKU SPACE MasterCard issued by Bank of East Asia may enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment for tuition fee of courses at HK$2,000 or above. The course must be enrolled under the cardholder’s name. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any of the enrolment centres.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances, subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries of the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of $120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for $30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE". Such copies will normally only be issued at the end of a course.
- All fees are subject to change without prior notice.
- Relevant Programmes
- Postgraduate Diploma in Digital and Social Media Marketing Postgraduate Diploma in Corporate Branding and Event Management Postgraduate Diploma in Luxury Services and Brand Management Postgraduate Diploma in Fashion Marketing and Management Master of Science in Marketing Master of Science in Marketing with Sales Management Master of Science in Marketing with Festival and Event Management