Business & ManagementHuman Capital Leadership
Professional Diploma in Human Resource Management and Development
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 11 May 2019 (Sat)
- 18 months to 20 months
The Professional Diploma in Human Resource Management and Development programme offers the participants both theoretical principles and practical application in people management with an aim to enhance the capability of both the people managers and the organization to meet up the challenges of a new era of people management where knowledge, skills and competencies in the expanded areas are critical to its success.
The Professional Diploma in Human Resource Management and Development
- discuss the strategic role of human resource management and its contributions to business success;
- develop appropriate human resource strategies, policies and systems for an organization to meet its business needs;
- analyze human resource management solutions to resolve performance, employee relationship issues and concerns;
- examine the practices and trends in human resource management in China for wider exposure inhuman resource management; and
- communicate effectively in human resources related issues in organization.
The programme will be taught by academics as well as experienced HR practitioners with emphasis on the challenges mostly encountered by HR professionals in developing and managing HR related corporate governance in organizations, managing potential risk in HR management, interpreting and analyzing staff cost, managing HR due diligence in mergers and acquisitions, developing HR policy and code of practice, practicing HR management related law and performing HR management in China. Field visits to the Labour Tribunal and commercial corporation(s) are part of the programme design with an aim to enhance students’ understanding of the practice in handling employee relation issues from both the legal and employee engagement prospective.
The programme has been submitted to the Hong Kong Institute of Human Resource Management for professional recognition. Graduates of this programme are eligible to apply for associate membership or professional membership of the Institute as appropriate.
The programme consists of nine modules and an English communication skills workshop series.
- Role of Human Resource in Business
- Organizational Design and Development
- Human Resource Management Related Law
- Sourcing and Staffing
- Reward Management
- Performance Management
- Learning and Development
- Employee Engagement
- Human Resource Management in China
Days / Time
- Saturday, 2:00pm - 7:00pm
- Minimum: 18 months
Maximum: 20 months
Module 1-9 : 15 lecture hours per module
English Communication Skills Workshop for Human Resource Practitioners: 30 hours
To be eligible for admission to the programme, applicants shall hold:
- an Associate Degree or a Higher Diploma awarded by a recognized institution in Hong Kong;
- a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized institution.
Applicants who do not possess the above academic qualifications but are aged 21 or above and have relevant work experience will be considered on individual merit.
- HK$29,550 per programme
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
CEF SectorBusiness Services
|Professional Diploma in Human Resource Management and Development
|COURSE CODE 21F09535-5||FEES $29,550||ENQUIRY 2975-5690|
|Continuing Education Fund
This programme has been included in the list of CEF reimbursable programmes. Application for CEF has to be made before commencement of the programme.
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
Applicants are required to submit their application form together with:
- certified true copies of both the academic awards and transcripts;
- testimonials and other documentary proof of work experience;
- copy of HKID card;
- one recent photo;
- a non-refundable crossed cheque for HK$150 payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ as the application processing fee.
- More Programmes of
- Human Capital Leadership