Marketing Marketing Communications and Branding
Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries
CEF Reimbursable Course
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 1 year
Let's set Pharmaceutical Marketing as your new learning target in 2022!
The rapidly aging society in Hong Kong and the pharma landscape connectivity among Hong Kong, Taiwan and China have created significant business opportunities for pharmaceutical products and medical devices. To help marketing and sales executives of the pharmaceutical and medical device industries capture the growing business and face the fierce competition in the market, HKU SPACE has introduced the Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries to equip them with a solid foundation of knowledge and skills for success in the field.
Application Deadline: to be confirmed
COMMENCEMENT DATE: to be confirmed
The objectives of the programme are to equip the practitioners of the pharmaceutical industry or medical devices business or those who intend to develop their career in marketing in these two industries with solid knowledge and practical skills in marketing, selling, tender planning and pitching, market knowledge and the latest trends in product development. The graduates of this programme will be able to develop marketing strategies, prepare tender proposals and manage business pitching whilst abiding by regulations and codes of practice of the industry concerned.
- Students can choose to focus on either the pharmaceutical market, or the medical device business
- Emphasis on practicality; the curriculum responds to the business needs of the pharmaceutical and medical device industries
- Interactive learning with lots of case studies, discussion and sharing by guest speakers
- Experienced and well-qualified lecturers
- Strong connection with the industries
|Five Core Modules|
|Two Elective Modules* (select one)|
6a. Pharmaceutical Market
6b. Market and Product Knowledge of Medical Devices
*Offering of each elective module will depend on sufficient enrollment.
Upon completion of 5 core modules and 1 elective module, students will be granted a Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- apply marketing strategies to promote pharmaceutical products, medical devices and related services to the target markets;
- integrate the knowledge and skills of integrated marketing tools to develop marketing solutions for the pharmaceutical products or medical devices; and
- develop business pitching plan and prepare tender proposal in conformance with the regulatory requirements, for pharmaceutical or medical devices business.
Assessment is based on a combination of coursework and examinations. The percentage breakdown of coursework and examinations differs from module to module.
Weekdays 7:00pm - 10:00pm (Occasionally on Saturday morning or afternoon)
HKU SPACE Learning Centres
Applicants shall hold:
- A Diploma/ Advanced Diploma awarded by a recognized institution; or
- A Professional Certificate in Marketing awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE or equivalent.
Applicants with a science background are preferred.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- HK$4,150 per module
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries
|COURSE CODE 33F127483||FEES $24,900||ENQUIRY 2867-8499|
|Multichannel Marketing Communications (Module from Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z127354||FEES $4,150||ENQUIRY 2867-8499|
|Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs (Module from Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z127346||FEES $4,150||ENQUIRY 3762-0081|
|Professional Pitching and Tender Planning (Module from Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z127494||FEES $4,150||ENQUIRY 3762-0081|
|Public Relations and Event Marketing (Module from Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z127265||FEES $4,150||ENQUIRY 2867-8499|
|Professional Selling and Sales Management (Module from Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z127532||FEES $4,150||ENQUIRY 2867-8499|
|Pharmaceutical Market (Module from Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z127427||FEES $4,150||ENQUIRY 3762-0081|
|Market and Product Knowledge of Medical Devices (Module from Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries)|
|COURSE CODE 33Z127273||FEES $4,150||ENQUIRY 3762-0081|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Professional Diploma in Marketing for Pharmaceutical Industries
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or Mastercard online.
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may be admitted by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the programme/course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
*Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or MasterCard including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”.
*HKU SPACE MasterCard cardholders who wish to enjoy 10-month interest free instalment scheme must pay their tuition fees in person at any our HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
You may apply online by scanning the QR code and clicking Apply Now on the webpage with the following supporting documents:
- Certified copies or your academic qualifications;
- A copy of your Hong Kong Identity Card#
Applicants may also submit the application forms to our Enrolment Centres in person.
# To study in Hong Kong, all non-local applicants are required to obtain a student visa issued by the Immigration Department of the HKSAR Government, except for those admitted to Hong Kong as dependants, who do not need prior approval before taking up full-time and part-time studies. Non-local applicants issued with a valid employment visa also do not need prior approval to pursue part-time studies. It is the responsibility of individual applicants to make appropriate visa arrangements. Admission to a HKU SPACE academic programme/course does not guarantee the issue of a student visa. Applicants may wish to note that part-time courses are generally not considered by the Immigration Department for visa purposes except for self-financed, part-time locally accredited taught postgraduate programmes awarded within the HKU System through HKU SPACE.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
A. In person or by post
- The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.Payment Method
1. Cash, EPS or WeChat Pay
Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or AliPay - Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
2. Cheque or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. DO NOT send cash. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services for details.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, WeChat Pay, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- Relevant Programmes
- Professional Diploma in Marketing Advanced Diploma in Digital and Social Media Marketing Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Brand Management Advanced Diploma in Marketing and Retail Management Advanced Diploma in Marketing, Advertising and Public Relations Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing and Management Bachelor of Arts (Hons) Marketing Certificate for Module (Retail Management and Operations) Certificate for Module (Strategic Retail Marketing) Certificate for Module (Public Relations Planning) 行政人員證書《創意品牌及品牌管理》 行政人員證書《數碼品牌傳播》 行政人員證書《數碼及內容營銷》 行政人員證書《社交媒體及數碼營銷分析》 Executive Certificate in Digital and Social Media Marketing Executive Certificate in Data-driven Creative Thinking for Marketers Power Up 營銷工作坊: 網紅及直播營銷致勝攻略