Architecture, Environment & HousingArchitecture
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 6 days
- Course Fee
Waterfronts in major cities are a place of human activities, allowing the public to enjoy the edge between land and sea. In Hong Kong, too often water frontage designs take a backseat to the economic need for reclamation, freeway expansion, transport stations, and private property development. In this course, students will learn about the positive contribution of a well-conceived waterfront to the living hood of the cities’ dwellers through case studies, research on the historical development of waterfronts, site visits, and take an active role in the re-imaging of our waterfronts through discourse and design project.
DetailsDays / Time
- Mon - Sat, 2:30pm - 5:30pm
- 24,25,26,27,28,29 July 2017
Island East Campus
- Ms. Casey Wang, BSc (Arch) (Cheng Kung), MArch (Harv.), HKIUD, Associate AIA
- Course Fee : HK$3,900
a) complete the enrolment form and enrol in the course(s)
(ii) by mail with cheque/bank draft to ‘HKU SPACE Summer School Office, 11/F, 250 King’s Road, Hong Kong’
Cheque/Bank draft should be made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ with applicant’s name and course(s) applied written on the back. A photo of the applicant (in plain colour background, 45mm(W) x 55mm(H)) is also required.
b) apply through the School’s online enrolment system and pay by credit card or PPS.
If you are applying for more than one course, please check to ensure that there is no clash of class schedules before submitting your application.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted to a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- Receipts will only be issued once. For additional copies of proof of payments, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
For details of admission, information for students, enrolment centres and other information related to HKU SPACE Summer School, please visit our Summer School webpage.