BusinessHospitality, Tourism & Events
Executive Diploma in Fundraising Event Management
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 30 Jun 2017 (Fri)
- 4 months
- English supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
- HK$13000 per programme
This programme aims to meet the continuing education and professional development needs of those who are currently working in the event management field or those who have aspirations in organizing events for their future careers.
The programme provides core event management concepts as well as specialized knowledge in organizing fundraising events. A broad and holistic view in event management will be given to students with particular emphasis on fundraising techniques and methods.
This programme consists of 60 contact hours for lectures, guest speaker talks on case studies, and group project presentations. Various guest speakers will come to classes and share with you real-life case studies on practical experiences in fundraising event operation and management.
Participants who attend all 2 modules, complete the module group report are awards with “Executive Diploma in Fundraising Event Management” within the HKU System through HKU SPACE.
Guest Speakers and topics
Case study of Charle Fiesta 2008, the first park charter at Hong Kong Disneyland
Ms. Betty Chan, Former Senior Manager, Marketing Services, Meetings and Exhibitions Hong Kong, Hong Kong Tourism Board
Work HardER. Play HardER. Key Elements for a Successful Incentive Travel Programme
Mr. Alan Chan, Former Sales Department Manager, Amway Hong Kong
Changing Young Lives Fundraising Event
Ms. Janet Middlemiss, Managing Director, JEM Worldwide Limited
March 8th Women's Festival Celebration in Hong Kong, 2010
Ms. Priscilla Poon, Former Senior Manager, Greater China, Hong Kong Tourism Board
Venue Management Issues in iclub Fortress Hill Hotel
Mr. Willy Luk, Senior Group Director of Sales, Regal Hotels International Limited
Ms Mary Lau, Director of Development, China and Hong Kong at ORBIS
Ms Nicole Wong, Director, Corporate Affairs at WWF Hong Kong
Ms Brenda Wong, Fundraising Manager (Events) at Oxfam Hong Kong
Ms Fiona Shek, General Manager at PR4Good
PR4Good 總經理 Ms Fiona Shek
Module 1: Event Management
- Introduction to Event Management
- Event Planning
- Event Operational Management
- Post-event Arrangements
Module 2: Fundraising Event Management
- Overview of Fundraising Events
- Fundraising Events: Setting the Stage for Success
- Publishing Fundraising Events
- Evaluating Fundraising Events
Applicants shall hold:
(i.) a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent; or
(ii.) an Associate Degree / a Higher Diploma or equivalent, and have at least 2 years of work experience; or
(iii) relevant professional qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications and substantial senior level work experience will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$13000 per programme
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
We provide online application and payment service for students to make enrolment via the Internet. Enrolment will be confirmed once students have made the payment online by using either PPS or credit card.
For first-come, first-served courses:
- Complete the online application form
Click the "Apply Now" button on the top right hand corner of the course webpage to make online application. Follow the instructions to fill-in the online application form.
- Make Online Payment
Pay the course fees by either using
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or MasterCard via a secure online payment gateway for all first-come, first-served courses.
For award-bearing programmes:
Selected award-bearing programmes also provide online enrolment and payment service for its students.
If your programme accepts online enrolment and payment, a re-enrolment icon will be shown on the course webpage. Click the icon and follow the instructions to perform online enrolment and payment. You will receive relevant information from the programme team nearer the time of enrolment.
You may click here directly to access the online enrolment and payment service.
Please note the followings:
- Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. Enrolment will be confirmed once you have made the payment online. You will receive a payment confirmation after payment has been made successfully. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Hospitality, Tourism & Events