BusinessAccounting and Corporate Governance
Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Commercial Law
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 01 Sep 2017 (Fri)
- Next intake(s)
- 01-2018, 05-2018
- 1 year to 3 years
- Course Fee
- HK$7,150 - 7,800 per module
The Programme aims to equip students with essential accounting knowledge, educate students on laws, regulations governing business operations & commercial transactions.
Competencies in both accounting and law form an important set of hard skills that any professional, entrepreneur and business manager should master, irrespective of their specific industries. While there are postgraduate level programmes in accounting or law, law and accounting are often treated as belonging to different silos of needs.
Knowledge of laws, especially those governing business operations and commercial transactions, is essential for business managers and administrators. Acquiring knowledge in commercial law and receiving formal training in accounting are of equal importance to those who would like to advance to senior management or become entrepreneurs. In light of this, this Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Commercial Law (PgDip(ACL)) is developed to cater for these needs.
- ACCA : Graduates of this programme will be exempted up to 7 papers (F1-F6, F7 or F9) from the ACCA Qualification examinations.
This Programme consists of six core modules listed below:
|Accounting Specialism (40 hours)|
|1a. Financial Reporting *#|
|1b. Financial Management ^#|
|2. Cost and Management Accounting *|
|3. Taxation and Tax Planning *|
|Commercial Law Specialism (33-40 hours)|
|4. Business and Company Law|
|5. Consumer Protection and Competition Law|
|6. Commercial Crimes and Money Laundering Law|
* Basic Accounting is the pre-requisite of this module. Students with no prior learning in basic accounting are required to take "Basic Accounting" before attempting this module.
^Basic Accounting and Statistics are the pre-requisite of this module. Students with no prior learning in basic accounting and statistics are required to take "Basic Accounting" and "Statistics" before attempting this module.
#Students are required to complete either "Financial Reporting" or "Financial Management".
Applicants should have prior studies of equivalent modules with standard, depth and scope at higher diploma level or above.
For Basic Accounting, equivalent modules taken 10 years ago or with results of grade D or below may not be considered as having fulfilled the pre-requisite requirements.
Weekday evenings or Saturdays afternoons/ evenings or Sundays morning/ afternoons/ evenings
- hold a first or second-class honours bachelor’s degree(*) awarded by a recognized university;
- if the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
- an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
- a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
- HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
- HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
- equivalent qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
(*) A bachelor’s degree with an average grade of “B” or above is considered as equivalent.
HK$200 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$7,150 - 7,800 per module (For module 1 to 4 (for academic year 2017/18))
- Course Fee : HK$8,960 per module (For module 5 to 6 (for academic year 2017/18))
- Course Fee : HK$3,950 - 5,200 per module (For pre-requisite module (for academic year 2017/18))
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
CEF SectorFinancial Services
|Financial Reporting (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Commercial Law)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z09805-0||FEES $7,800||ENQUIRY 2867-8469|
|Financial Management (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Commercial Law)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z09806-9||FEES $7,150||ENQUIRY 2867-8469|
|Cost and Management Accounting (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Commercial Law)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z09807-7||FEES $7,150||ENQUIRY 2867-8469|
|Taxation and Tax Planning (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Commercial Law)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z09808-5||FEES $7,150||ENQUIRY 2867-8469|
|Business and Company Law (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Commercial Law)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z09809-3||FEES $7,150||ENQUIRY 2867-8469|
|Commercial Crimes and Money Laundering Law (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Commercial Law)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z09810-7||FEES $8,960||ENQUIRY 2867-8469|
|Continuing Education Fund reimbursable programme (selected modules only)
Some modules of this programme have been included in the list of CEF reimbursable programmes. Application for CEF has to be made before commencement of the modules.
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
Please submit the following documents along with your applicaton and payment in person to any of enrolment counters:
- Completed and signed application form
- Copies of ID card, academic certificates, transcripts or testimonials (Please bring along the originals to any HKU SPACE Learning Centres upon submission of application for certification purposes.)
- Copies of course syllabuses/outlines of equivalent modules in your prior studies for fulfilment of prerequistites purposes (Please specify the source of information or URL for verification.) <Not required for applicants who do not apply for fulfilment of prerequistites>
- A non-refundable applicaton fee of HK$200. Payment made by cheque should be crossed and made payable to "HKU SPACE".
*** For applicants apply the programme via ONLINE APPLICATION, please also upload the following documents for assessment.
- Copy of HKID card, academic certificates and transcripts (For non-local applicants, please attach the valid visa if any)
- Elective module you would like to choose
- Course syllabuses/outlines of equivalent modules in your prior studies for fulfilment of prerequistites purposes
- Fees paid are not refundable and transferable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances.
- For details of payment method, please click here.