Arts, Design & CulturePerforming Arts
Postgraduate Diploma in Creative Industries Management (Arts and Culture)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 11 Nov 2017 (Sat)
- 1 year
- Course Fee
Hong Kong's cultural and creative industries have grown at a rate faster than the overall economy in recent years. This Programme is designed to equip you with practical knowledge of the activities, structures and processes involved in the management in this dynamic sector.
Who should enrol?
Anyone who wants to become a manager or to explore business opportunities in the cultural sector is welcome to apply, so are current arts administrators, curators, event organisers, and teachers of arts and culture subjects.
Why study this Programme at HKU SPACE
The Programme focuses on practical knowledge of the creative industries and real life application of the management principles.
Our teachers are well recognized personnel at senior management level in the cultural sector who will share their valuable experience in real-world issues.
The field trip offers exposure to creative industries and cultural enterprises outside Hong Kong, including areas of visual art, performing arts, architecture, design, etc.
Students come from a variety of background, such as museums, performing arts bodies and different arts and cultural enterprises, thus enabling useful exchange and sharing.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- Examine and evaluate current creative arts programming development in Hong Kong;
- Compare and discuss programming ideas for selected creative arts sectors;
- Manage the finance and human resources within the context of a creative arts sector;
- Set up fundraising projects for various creative arts sectors; and
- Evaluate the market environment and design a marketing strategy for a specific creative arts target market.
This 1-year programme consist of 4 modules and a Field Trip:
- Principles of Arts and Cultural Management
- Financial Management, Planning and Resource Development
- Arts and Cultural Marketing
- Seminar in Creative Industries
- Field Trip (To be confirmed)
The Field Trip details will be announced later. *Itinerary is subject to change.
|Module Topic||Class Date||Teachers|
|Principles of Arts and Cultural Management||
Nov - Dec 2017 (Sat)
Ms Shirley Wong,
To be confirmed
Mr Tan Tack Ki,
|Financial Management, Planning and Resource Development||
Feb - Mar 2018 (Sat)
|Ms Susanna Chiu,
CISA, CGEIT, ACA, FCPA
|Arts and Cultural Marketing||May - Jun 2018 (Sat)
10.00am - 5.00pm
|Ms Katy Cheng,
Marketing Director, Hong Kong Arts Festival
|Seminar in Creative Industries||
Jul - Aug 2018 (Sat)
Ms Jacqueline Chong,
- Dr. Darwin Chen (陳達文博士), SBS
Chairman of Committee on Performing Arts, Home Affairs Bureau
- Professor Tseng Sun Man (鄭新文教授)
Arts Administration Educator
- Dr. Carlye Tsui Wai Ling (徐尉玲博士), BBE, MBE, JP
FHKIoD CEO, The Hong Kong Institute of Directors; Council Member of the Hong Kong Chinese Orchestra
- Dr. John Yeung (楊顯中博士), OBE, JP
Managing Director, The Cross-Habour Tunnel (Holdings) Limited; Vice-Chairman, Hong Kong Repertory Theatre
Academic Scholarships are provided subject to Scholarship requirement.
|Start Date||11 Nov 2017|
|Time||10:00 - 17:00|
Days / Time
- Saturday 10:00am - 5:00pm
Applicants shall hold a bachelor's degree or equivalent awarded by a recognized university; and have at least one year of work experience in related fields.
HK$200 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$32,000 (one instalment)
- Extra Cost: (Field Trip (for PgDip CIM students))
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
CEF SectorFinancial Services
|Financial Management, Planning and Resource Development (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Creative Industries Management (Arts and Culture) programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z07418-6||FEES $8,000||ENQUIRY 2975-5738|
|Continuing Education Fund reimbursable programme (selected modules only)
Some modules of this programme have been included in the list of CEF reimbursable programmes. Application for CEF has to be made before commencement of the modules.
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Application form, copies of documents and crossed cheques payable to: HKU SPACE (HK$200 for application fee; and HK$32,000 for tuition fee) should be sent to HKU SPACE, Room1103, 11/F, Island East Campus, 494 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Attn: Ms Koey Lee).
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview.