Life & Health Sciences Nursing & Healthcare
Postgraduate Diploma in e-Health Informatics
- Course Code
- Application Code
- QF Level
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 19 Sep 2017 (Tue)
- 1 year
- English, supplemented with Cantonese
The programme aims to train healthcare professionals and those from related disciplines to develop the knowledge, understanding and competencies in mastering the advanced use of Information Technology skills in healthcare settings.
- One-year programme with 230 contact hours
- 5 core modules plus Postgraduate Project
- Most modules consists of
- 15 lecture hours plus 21 e-learning activities hour or 24 lecture hours plus 12 non-lecture activity hours (tutorial / workshop)
- 1.5 hours written examination
- Continuous Assessment
- MA in Work Based Learning Studies (IT Project Management)
The programme has been accredited at 60 credit points by the Middlesex University Accreditation Board, so that its graduates are required to attain a further 120 credit points in order to qualify for a MA in Work Based Learning Studies (IT Project Management) in which the total required credit is 180.Days / Time
- Tue, Thu 7:00 - 10:00pm
|Module Title||Contact hours/
|Module 1 - Overview of e-Health & Hong Kong e-Health System||
|Module 2 - Integrated e-Health, m-Health & Ubiquitous Health||
|Module 3 - Management Issues in e-Health||
|Module 4 - Knowledge Management & Business Intelligence for e-Health||
|Module 5 - Ethical, Legal & Social Issues||
|Module 6 - Postgraduate Project||
(1) Applicants shall
i. hold a bachelor’s degree in a health related or IT field awarded by a recognized institution;
ii. hold a degree in other disciplines awarded by a recognized institution and the Advanced Diploma in Health Informatics awarded within the HKU System through HKU SPACE.
(2) have at least 2 years of work experience in either health-related or IT field.
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, the applicant should provide evidence of English proficiency such as:
i. an overall band of 6.0 with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; OR
ii. a score of 550 in the paper-based TOEFL, a score of 213 in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 in the internet-based TOEFL; OR
iii. HKALE Use of English at Grade E; OR
iv. equivalent qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
- HK$45,800 (to be paid in 2 instalments)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
- All applicants are required to complete one Application Form (SF26) and, either submit them in person or post them to Ms Alice Wong, College of Life Sciences and Technology, HKU SPACE, at any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
- All applications, either by post or in person must be accompanied by:
- Certified photostat copies of full educational certificates and transcripts.
Note: When submitting your application in person at any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centers, please bring along the originals of your educational certificates / transcripts for certification. If you are posting your application, please arrange to bring the originals of the relevant documents for certification at any of HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres before the commencement of classes.Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.