Life & Health Sciences Dietetics, Food & Nutrition
Understanding Food and Nutrition
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Financial assistance
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- Next intake(s)
- 7 Dec 2017
- 8 weeks
- Cantonese, supplemented with English. Teaching materials will be in English.
- Course Fee
This course is designed for individuals who have an interest in food, nutrition and health. It will provide them with a better understanding of a balanced diet and its importance for health and disease prevention.
Days / Time
- Thursday 7:00 - 9:00pm
- 8 weeks
- HKU SPACE Learning Centre (Causeway Bay / Fortress Hill / North Point)
- Registered Dietitian
- Course Fee : HK$1,800
- Third Age Rate : HK$1,440 (The course offers 20% discount for aged 50 or above. The number of discount places available in some courses is subject to a quota. Third age learners must apply in person and present their HKID card/Passport for age verification at the time of their course enrolment.)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Please complete and return the application form (SF 26) together with course fee to "HKU SPACE, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Attn: Miss Hannah Wu)" or by credit card at any one of the HKU SPACE Learning Centres.
Course fee should be paid by crossed cheque made payable to HKU SPACE"Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.