Postgraduate Diploma in Adult Training and Vocational Education
- Course Code
- Application Code
- QF Level
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 09 Sep 2017 (Sat)
- Next intake(s)
- 14 months
- English, supplemented with Cantonese
This programme aims to equip students with the necessary knowledge and skills to become effective programme planners in adult and vocational institutions, teachers of post-secondary education colleges, the Vocational Training Council and its subsidiaries; as well as trainers, and people development personnel in corporations and businesses. The course is open to applicants without prior teaching or training experience.
- HKU SPACE is the only tertiary education institution in HK with programme offerings in adult training and vocational education
- This programme targets participants who wish to gain knowledge and skills related to design, implementation and management of effective adult learning experience
- Suitable for trainers, teachers in post-secondary and vocational education and personnel involved in programme management and development
- Comprehensive and updated curriculum
- Teaching team composed of senior trainers and university guest lecturers
- Open to applicants without prior teaching or training experience
|Time||14:00 - 19:00|
Days / Time
- Saturday 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- 14 Months (215 hours)
Module 1: Academic Writing and Study Skills Workshop*
Module 2: Principles of Adult and Vocational Education
Module 3: Training Needs Analysis and Organization Learning
Module 4: Training Strategies, Curriculum Design and Planning
Module 5: Assessment and Evaluation
Module 6: Contemporary Approaches and Issues in Vocational Education
Module 7: Technology in Vocational Education
Module 8: Teaching Skills in Adult Training and Effective Learning
Module 9: Training Delivery Skills Laboratory
* non-credit bearing module. Exemption will be granted to students who can provide evidence of having acquired such skills in their prior learning.
All modules of the programme will be assessed by individual assignments or group projects, depending on the nature of the module.
For the Academic Writing and Study Skills Workshop, there will only be continuous assessment on an individual portfolio of 4 short pieces of writing
Remarks:The minimum attendance requirement is 80%.
Upon completion of Modules 1 - 5, students may exit with Postgraduate Certificate in Adult Training and Vocational Education.
Upon completion of Modules 1 – 9, students will be awarded the Postgraduate Diploma in Adult Training and Vocational Education
Applicants shall hold a bachelor's degree awarded by a recognised institution. If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency.
Application Form Application formEnrolment Method
Applicants should complete the enrolment form and submit copies of academic certificates with application fee. Application materials should be sent to the following address:
The Programme Leader (Attn: Miss Charmaine Sung)
HKU SPACE, 11/F, Fortress Tower,
250 King’s Road, North Point,
Hong Kong.Payment Method
Payment method will be informed to applicant after acceptance.