BusinessSupply Chain Management
Bachelor of Science (Honours) Maritime Transport and Logistics
- Awarded by
University of Plymouth, UK
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 18 Sep 2017 (Mon)
- Next intake(s)
- March 2018
- 1.5 years to 5 years
This information seminar provides details about: BA (Hons) International Trade and Operations Management BSc (Hons) International Supply Chain and Shipping Management BSc (Honours) Maritime Transport and Logistics
For more details:
This programme is in collaboration with the Plymouth University, UK. In these nine modules, you’ll be introduced to key elements of national maritime policies, governance and operations around port and transport activities, international logistics and developments in these areas – all within the context of globalisation and for better understanding of the development of ports and terminals. It is practically designed for those who are interested or working in shipping, maritime-related and logistics industry.
Eligible students can apply the government's "Maritime and Aviation Training Fund" for 80% fee refund after completing approved modules, subject to a cap of $18,000.
University of Plymouth – Plymouth Business School offers a portfolio of wide-ranging Logistics & Supply Chain management courses.
|Local Enrichment Modules (LEMs)|
|Marketing Fundamentals^* (to be offered in September 2017 semester)|
|Enterprise and Innovation^*|
|International Logistics Management*|
|Strategic Management and Governance #|
|Ports andIntermodalism* # (to be offered in September 2017 semester)|
|International Shipping* # (to be offered in September 2017 semester)|
|Research Skills for International Business^*|
|Carriage of Goods by Sea #|
This is an exempted course under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognize any qualification to which this course may lead.Days / Time
- Friday evenings (may occasionally other weekday evenings)
- Saturday afternoons and evenings (occasionally Sunday afternoons and evenings)
- All modules consist of one block-weekend teaching
- 1.5 years (minimum), 5 years (maximum)
1) hold a recognized Professional Diploma or Higher Diploma in the discipline of
logistics, transport, shipping, operations, or trade awarded within the HKU system
through HKU SPACE or from other recognized institution sand have studied
“Maritime Law” before proceeding to this programme; and
2) provide evidence of English proficiency:
(i) HKDSE English Language at Level 2;
(ii) HKCEE English Language at Level 2;
(iii) HKCEE English Language (Syllabus B) at Grade E (Grade C in the case of
English Language (Syllabus A)); or
(iv) A score of 6.0 or above in the IELTS or a score of 500 in the paper-based
TOEFL, a score of 173 in the computer-based TOEFL and a score of 4.5 in
the Test of Written English; and
3) have 2 years of full-time work experience in the area of logistics, transport,
shipping, operations or trade.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications will also be considered on individual merits.
HK$150 non-refundableCourse Fee
- HK$4,800 (Local Enrichment Modules; All fees are subject to change without prior notice)
- HK$13,300 (UoP Modules; All fees are subject to change without prior notice)
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- Relevant Programmes
- Bachelor of Arts (Hons) International Trade and Operations Management Bachelor of Science (Hons) International Supply Chain and Shipping Management Bachelor of Science (Honours) Maritime Transport and Logistics Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management Certificate in Shipping and Logistics