BusinessSupply Chain Management
Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 01 Sep 2017 (Fri)
- Next intake(s)
- 1 year to 2 years
- Course Fee
- HK$31,200 (by three installments; all fees are subject to change without prior notice.)
This programme is recognised by the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport in Hong Kong and consists of six modules. It aims to provide students with comprehensive understanding of the business environment in logistics industry, as well as to equip graduates with basic management skills for exploring new business opportunities. It is practically designed for those who are interested in or working in the logistics supply chain, procurement and related areasindustry, and who are looking for academic and/or career advancement. This programme is articulated to a number of bachelor degrees awarded by Plymouth University.
- 2 - 3 evening sessions a week (7:00 - 10:00pm)
- Possible weekends (2:30 - 5:30pm)
The programme consists of 6 modules, to be taught in a minimum of 12 months. On completion of the programme, students will be awarded:
||Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management|
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- distinguish the important concepts of business environment, transport operations, organization structure and human resource management and enhance the productivity of the entire logistics and supply chain operations;
- apply the principles of financial management and reporting for logistics services and integrate financial and reporting operations into key business initiatives;
- apply the fundamentals of services and marketing for logistics services management;
- apply the principles of strategic management to key business initiatives;
- use the fundamentals of information technology in logistics and management;
- distinguish the basic concepts and various aspects of business law.
Assessment for each of the 6 modules will be based on one assignment/project and a final examination. In general, the performance grade for the examination and assignment/project varies accordingly to individual modules. The overall pass mark is 50%. Upon successful completion of the programme (pass all 6 modules), students will be awarded a Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management by HKU SPACE.
Graduates may apply for exemptions from the examinations of the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport Hong Kong (CILTHK) on the following papers:
OL1 - Business Environment for Transport and Logistics#
OL2 - Financial Management and Reporting for Transport and Logistics#
OL3 - Marketing and Service Management#
OL4 - Management and Decision Making#
# All applications will be considered by CILTHK on individual basis.
Also, graduates may apply for admission to the following programmes offered by the University of Plymouth, UK in collaboration with HKU SPACE:
** Eligible students in BSc (Hons) International Supply Chain and Shipping Management or BSc (Hons) Maritime Transport and Logistics can apply "Maritime and Aviation Training Fund" for 80% fee refund after completing the approved modules, subject to a cap of $18,000.
Students may complete the above Professional Diploma (min. 12 months) + Top-up Bachelor Degree programmes (min. 18 months) in 2.5 years (minimum)Duration
- 12 months (minimum) - 2 years (maximum)
(a) i) have gained in the HKALE Grade E in one AL subject or two AS subjects or
hold a post-secondary qualification of at least one year part-time duration; and
ii) have gained in the HKCEE Grade E in four subjects, and Level 2 in
English language*; and
iii) have at least two years of full-time work experience in logistics, transport, or business related areas; or
(b) i) have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 in five subjects,
including English Language; and
ii) have at least two years of full-time work experience in logistics, transport, or business related areas; or
(c) have gained a Certificate or Advanced Certificate awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications and relevant work experience will also be considered on individual merit.
*With effect from 2007, HKU SPACE recognizes Grade E previously awarded for Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) (Grade C in the case of English Language (Syllabus A)) at HKCEE as an acceptable alternative to Level 2 in these two subjects at HKCEE.
HK$150 non-refundableCourse Fee
- HK$31,200 (by three installments; all fees are subject to change without prior notice.)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
CEF SectorBusiness Services
|Management and Decision Making (Module from the Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management programme)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z08813-0||FEES $6,000||ENQUIRY 2867-8323|
|Information Technology for Logistics (Module from the Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management programme)|
|COURSE CODE 25Z08816-6||FEES $3,600||ENQUIRY 2867-8323|
|Continuing Education Fund reimbursable programme (selected modules only)
Some modules of this programme have been included in the list of CEF reimbursable programmes. Application for CEF has to be made before commencement of the modules.
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
We provide online application and payment service for students to make enrolment via the Internet. Enrolment will be confirmed once students have made the payment online by using either PPS or credit card.
For first-come, first-served courses:
- Complete the online application form
Click the "Apply Now" button on the top right hand corner of the course webpage to make online application. Follow the instructions to fill-in the online application form.
- Make Online Payment
Pay the course fees by either using
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or MasterCard via a secure online payment gateway for all first-come, first-served courses.
For award-bearing programmes:
Selected award-bearing programmes also provide online enrolment and payment service for its students.
If your programme accepts online enrolment and payment, a re-enrolment icon will be shown on the course webpage. Click the icon and follow the instructions to perform online enrolment and payment. You will receive relevant information from the programme team nearer the time of enrolment.
You may click here directly to access the online enrolment and payment service.
Please note the followings:
- Admission is on a first-come, first-served basis. Enrolment will be confirmed once you have made the payment online. You will receive a payment confirmation after payment has been made successfully. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- Relevant Programmes
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) International Supply Chain and Shipping Management Bachelor of Science (Honours) Maritime Transport and Logistics Bachelor of Arts (Hons) International Trade and Operations Management Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (Smart Procurement) Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (China e-Business) Certificate in Shipping and Logistics