Architecture, Environment & HousingLogistics & Transport
Certificate in Shipping and Logistics
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 19 Sep 2017 (Tue)
- Next intake(s)
- 8 months
- English supplemented with Cantonese (Handouts and examinations are in English.)
The programme is offered in collaboration with Hong Kong Shippers' Council. It provides a comprehensive training in various aspects of shipping and logistics which suit the training needs of practitioners in the field and trainees who need to acquire a wide range of basic knowledge within a short period.
This programme also serves as a bridging course for the Professional Diploma in Logistics and Transport Management programme. Upon the completion of the Professional Diploma in Logistics and Transport Management, students can further study in BSc (Hons) International Supply Chain and Shipping Management of The University of Plymouth, UK.
A wide range of topics, including Dangerous Goods Cargo Handling, Cargo Insurance, Logistics Strategy, Planning and Practices, Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Logistics Costing, E-Commerce and E-Shipping, Law Relating to Trade, etc. are covered in two modules. A visit to one of the leading companies in the field will be arranged. Assessment is based on two examinations, a written report on the visit and an in-class quiz.Days / Time
- Tuesday 7:00 - 10:00pm
Applicants shall have:
- gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 in 5 subjects including English Language; or
- gained 4 passes in the HKCEE plus Level 2* in English Language; or
- one year of relevant work experience at supervisory level in shipping and logistics industry; or
- completed Secondary 5 or Secondary 6 with employer’s recommendation endorsed by the Hong Kong Shippers’ Council.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on individual merit.
* With effect from 2007, HKU SPACE recognizes Grade E previously awarded for Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) (Grade C in the case of English Language (Syllabus A)) at HKCEE as an alternative to Level 2 in these two subjects at HKCEE.
HK$150 $150 (non-refundable)
*The following organizations are members of the Hong Kong Shippers’ Council:
1. The Chinese General Chamber of Commerce, Hong Kong
2. The Chinese Manufacturers’ Association of Hong Kong
3. The Federation of Hong Kong Garment Manufacturers
4. The Federation of Hong Kong Industries
5. Hong Kong Association of Freight Forwarding & Logistics Ltd
6. Hong Kong Exporters’ Association
7. Hong Kong Garment Manufacturers Association Ltd
8. The Hong Kong General Chamber of Commerce
9. Hong Kong Knitwear Exporters & Manufacturers Association
10. Hong Kong Kwun Tong Industries & Commerce Association Ltd
11. Hong Kong Management Association
12. Hong Kong Plastics Manufacturers Association
13. Hong Kong Trade Development Council
14. Hong Kong Woollen & Synthetic Knitting Manufacturers Association Ltd
15. Indian Chamber of Commerce, Hong Kong
16. Associate Member of Hong Kong Shippers’ Council
- HK$8,700 per programme (for non-member)
- HK$8,200 per programme (for member*)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate in Shipping and Logistics
|COURSE CODE 25K06682-6||FEES $8,700 non member course fee $8,200 employees of HKSC members & HK Liner Shipping Association Member||ENQUIRY 2508-8862|
|Continuing Education Fund
This programme has been included in the list of CEF reimbursable programmes. Application for CEF has to be made before commencement of the programme.