Certificate in German (Introductory)
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 30 Sep 2020 (Wed)
- Next intake(s)
- March 2021
- 40 weeks
- German supplemented with a little English where necessary for explanantion.
Notes on Class Arrangements under the COVID-19 Outbreak
Given the COVID-19 situation might still be fluid, please note that the School may substitute face-to-face classes with online teaching if necessary. Our respective Programme Teams will contact students concerned with details of such arrangement before the class starts or during the classes as necessary.
The programme is aimed at students with no previous or little knowledge of the language. It covers a range of everyday topics and situations and includes a balance of all four skills (speaking, listening, reading and writing), as well as practice on key grammar points, vocabulary and pronunciation relevant to the level. By the end of the programme, students should be able to understand and use basic everyday phrases to introduce themselves, ask and answer questions about personal details. They will also learn language to deal with everyday situations like shopping, eating out, talking about their jobs, families and interests.
The programme is equivalent to A1 level in the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
Please click here for enrolment details.
This is also available in two 60-hour courses (Part 1 and Part 2).
- Applications will be accepted on a first-come, first served basis.
- No refunds or transfers to a different class will be approved.
- Students will receive information prior to the course on where they can purchase the course books.
- Swapping between parallel groups (if any) is not allowed under any circumstances.
- No make-up classes will be offered for students’ absence.
- 40 meetings, 120 hours
Applicants shall have:
- no previous or little knowledge of the language; and
- sufficient English proficiency to follow simple explanations in English.
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate in German (Introductory)|
|COURSE CODE 24C02364-5||FEES $8,650||ENQUIRY 2975-5695|
Continuing Education Fund
All the 120-hour award-bearing German courses are eligible for CEF refunds. Please contact us directly for the latest information regarding this language.
To receive CEF reimbursement, students must:
- register with the Office of the Continuing Education Fund (OCEF). (This is the responsibility of individual applicants);
- successfully complete the 120-hour course;
- take a recognised external language examination on completion of the course.
Application forms and full details of the reimbursement requirements can be found on: http://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/cef
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate in German (Introductory)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Please click here for enrolment details.Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of