The COVID-19 situation may still be fluid and constantly affect class arrangements in the coming months. The health and safety of our students will always be our top priority. To ensure that students’ academic progress is not affected, the School may substitute face-to-face classes with online teaching if necessary in the event that face-to-face classes cannot be held. Our respective Programme Teams will contact the students concerned with details of such arrangements as necessary.
This programme can be taken upon successful completion of the Certificate in German (Intermediate) or an equivalent programme of 230-250 hours. It continues to build upon the language already acquired, adding grammar and practising it in simple discussions, role-plays and group work, so that students can talk with confidence about the past, present and future. By the end of this programme, students should be able to express simple opinions and feelings in the language. They should also be able to read information from simple ads and to write texts on familiar topics using a range of verb tenses.
The programme is equivalent to B1 level in the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
- Unless any change is made to the advertised details, we will not issue joining instructions. If your application has been accepted, you should go to the first session of the class at the time and place shown. All the necessary teaching materials will be sent to you at the first session.
- No refunds or transfers to a different class will be approved.
- Swapping between parallel groups (if any) is not allowed under any circumstances.
- No make-up classes will be offered for students’ absence.
|Start Date||19 Sep 2022 (Mon)|
|Time||6:45 - 9:45 pm|
|Venue||HPSHCC Campus, Causeway Bay|
- 40 meetings, 120 hours
Applicants shall have:
- (a) obtained the Certificate in German (Intermediate), awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE; or
(b) studied approximately 230-250 hours of German at a different institution; and
- sufficient English proficiency to follow simple explanations in English.
Other applicants may be interviewed if necessary to confirm their suitability for the programme, e.g. if they have studied a similar number of hours elsewhere or have alternative experience learning the language, such as a study visit to the country.
In the absence of the evidence listed in (1), students should contact HKU SPACE before the application deadline for further information.
- Course Fee : HK$10,100
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate in German (Upper Intermediate)|
|COURSE CODE 24C03328-4||FEES $10,100||ENQUIRY 2975-5695|
Continuing Education Fund
All the 120-hour award-bearing German courses are eligible for CEF refunds. Please contact us directly for the latest information regarding this language.
To receive CEF reimbursement, students must:
- register with the Office of the Continuing Education Fund (OCEF). (This is the responsibility of individual applicants);
- successfully complete the 120-hour course;
- take a recognised external language examination and achieve the required level.
Application forms, full details of the reimbursement requirements and the reimbursement procedures can be found on: www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/cef/.
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate in German (Upper Intermediate)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
[Download Enrolment Form SF26]
Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.