At HKU SPACE, we design and offer courses to meet your goals for General English, Business English and English for the Professions. These range from 30 hours to 90 hours and cover a broad spectrum of levels.
Reasons to improve your English at HKU SPACE:
- Polish your interpersonal and career skills
- Learn to communicate ideas more effectively
- Interact confidently with overseas and English speaking people
- Fine-tune your presentations and writing to project better impressions
- Stay up to date by learning about current English use
- Sharpen your competitive edge in today's global workplace
· effective written communication: Style, tone, image and impact;
· internal communication: Email, memos and minutes; and
· external communication: Job applications, enquiries, complaints and their replies.
• discuss language complexities found in international business situations; and
• communicate effectively in different cultural settings in the workplace.
• organise information and write effective business reports in English; and
• present ideas convincingly to a professional audience in a formal oral presentation.
- Effective telephone skills
- Presentation language
- Asking and handling questions
- Meeting language
• identify elements of good written communication demanded in different workplaces or industries;
• make use of good rhetoric, genre, design and visual presentation in a variety of professional writing situations; and
• apply principles of editing, revising and reflecting on one’s writings.
The course helps students master English skills, both spoken and written. Particular emphasis is given to developing marketing language such as interpreting data from a variety of business sources, participating in effective discussions, negotiations and meetings, and writing concise sales correspondence, marketing plan and other promotion materials.