Main content start

How to apply

How to apply?

  • Applicants are normally required to have reached the age of 18 (except for Community Collegeprogrammes), and to provide information from their HKID card (for local applicants) or passport (for non-local applicants) for admission assessment and student records purposes. Applicants to award-bearingprogrammes will also be asked to present their HKID/passport for verification if applying in person atenrolment counters or to attach a copy of their HKID or passport if applying by post. Additional information may be required from applicants after the initial admission/enrolment assessment. It is necessary for applicants to provide the required supplementary information as otherwise the School may not be able to process the admission/enrolment further.
  • To study in Hong Kong, all non-local applicants are required to obtain a student visa issued by the Immigration Department of the HKSAR Government, except for those admitted to Hong Kong asdependants, who do not need prior approval before taking up full-time and part-time studies. Non-local applicants issued with a valid employment visa also do not need prior approval to pursue part-time studies. It is the responsibility of individual applicants to make appropriate visa arrangements. Admission to a HKU SPACE academic programme/course does not guarantee the issue of a student visa. Applicants may wish to note that part-time courses are generally not considered by the Immigration Department for visa purposes except for self-financed, part-time locally accredited taught postgraduate programmes awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE.
  • HKU SPACE reserves the right to cancel a course or a programme in cases of insufficient enrolment or unforeseen difficulties arising from running the course. In such circumstances, course fees would be refundable.
  • The Director may, at his discretion, refuse to admit an applicant.

Entry Requirements 

Enrolment Methods 

Payment Methods 

Lifelong Learner Card