Upon completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- identify key legal issues affecting banking and commercial practices in Hong Kong;
- gain an updated knowledge on commercial law in Hong Kong and Mainland China; and
- design and implement legal risk management plans to combat commercial crimes and money laundering activities
This programme consists of a total 90 contact hours with two modules.
Module 1: 45 hours
Commercial Crimes and Money Laundering Law
(清 洗 黑 錢 法 律 及 商 業 罪 案)
Module 2: 45 hours
Legal Compliance and Liability Risks in Banking and Commercial Practice
(銀行、商業實務中的法律監管及責任風險) (CEF Code : 23Z07047-4)
To obtain the Executive Diploma award, students must:-
- achieve at least 70% attendance of lectures for each module (both Module 1 + Module 2) ; AND
- pass the continuous assessment and the examination (both contribute 50% of the final grade) of each module.
Executive Certificate award / Statement of Attendance for a single module:
- Students can enroll on any individual module of the programme. Students studying for the Executive Certificate award will need to pass the module assessment with a minimum 70% attendance requirement.
- If a student fails to pass the assessment but has over 70% attendance for a module, a Statement of Attendance will be issued for that module.
Successful graduates of Executive Diploma in Asset Recovery Law, Receivable and Fraud Control Practice ("RMS's Executive Diploma") are eligible to apply for exemption from the elective module of the Executive Diploma in Legal Risk for Enterprise Risk Management.
Please enquire at 2520 4665 or email to email@example.com for details.
Weekdays evening at 7:00-10:00 pm and/or Saturday afternoon 2:30-5:30 pm. Classes will be scheduled one/two sessions per week.Duration
- ExecDip: 90 hours; ExecCert: 45 hours
- Hong Kong Island Learning Centre
- Applicants should hold a Bachelor's Degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent; or relevant professional qualifications.
- Applicants with other qualifications or substantial senior level / managerial work experience in accounting, law, auditing, finance, banking, government, risk management, or related areas will be considered on individual merit.
Note: CPD points accredited by The Law Society of Hong Kong.
HK$200 non-refundableCourse Fee
- HK$13,300 for the whole programme (2 modules); HK$6,800 per module. (subject to CEF approval)
Note: The “Commercial Crimes and Money Laundering Law” module is not a CEF Reimbursement course.
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Executive Diploma/ Executive Certificate in Legal Risk for Enterprise Risk Management|
|COURSE CODE 23Z07331-7||FEES $13,300||ENQUIRY 2520-4665|
|Legal Compliance and Liability Risks in Banking and Commercial Practice (Elective Module : Option 2 From Executive Diploma/ Executive Certificate in Legal Risk for Enterprise Risk Management Programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z07047-4||FEES $6,800||ENQUIRY 2520-4665|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
|The Office of the Continuing Education Fund does not have record of registration of this course under the Qualifications Framework*
*This course is CEF reimbursable before the establishment of the Qualifications Framework
- Please complete one APPLICATION and one ENROLMENT Form and submit them in person at any of the following SPACE enrolment centre:
- HKU Campus Room 304, 3/F, T.T. Tsui Building, The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, H.K. (Next to Swire Hall); Tel: 2975 5680 Fax: 2546 3538 (Opening Hours: Weekdays - 8:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.; Saturdays – Closed)
- Admiralty Learning Centre 3/F, Admiralty Centre, 18 Harcourt Road, H.K. (access via the Shopping Arcade escalators through Exit A, Admiralty MTR Station); Tel: 3761 1111 Fax: 2559 4666 (Opening Hours: Weekdays - 8:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.; Saturdays - 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.)
- HKU SPACE Po Leung Kuk Stanley Ho Community College (HPCC) Campus 1/F, HPSHCC Campus, 66 Leighton Road, Causeway Bay, H.K.; Tel: 3923 7171 Fax: 3923 7188 (Opening Hours: Weekdays - 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.; Saturdays – Closed)
- Fortress Tower Learning Centre 1/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, H.K. (Exit B, Fortress Hill MTR Station); Tel: 3762 0888 Fax: 2508 9349 (Opening Hours: Weekdays - 8:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.; Saturdays – Closed)
- Island East Campus 2/F, 494 King's Road, North Point, H.K. (Exit B3, North Point MTR Station); Tel: 3762 0000 Fax: 2214 9493 (Opening Hours: Weekdays - 8:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.; Saturdays - 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.)
- Kowloon East Campus 1/F, 28, Wang Hoi Road, Kowloon Bay (Exit B, Kowloon Bay MTR Station); Tel: 3762 2222 Fax: 2305 5070 (Opening Hours: Weekdays - 8:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m.; Saturdays - 8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.)
2. All applications must be accompanied by:
- Application Form and a crossed cheque for HK$200 application fee (Non-refundable) payable to HKU SPACE”.
- Enrolment form and a crossed cheque for the course fee payable to HKU SPACE”(course fee should be paid by semester);
- Certified photo copies of full educational certificates and transcripts(please produce originals of the documents for certification upon admission at SPACE Learning Centre);
- Testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant’s working experiencefor non-standard admission requirements.
- Copy of HKID card.
- An application form without copies of supporting documents WILL NOT be processed. You will be required to produce originals of the documents for certification upon admission to the programme. Payment for application fee and course fee by credit card (VISA / Master) are also acceptable.
- Applicants are normally required to have reached the age of 18, and to provide a HKID card for admission assessments and student records. Applicants will also be asked to present HKID for verification if applying in person at enrolment counters or to attach a copy of HKID of applying by post.
1. Cheque or Bank Draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to "HKU SPACE". Please specify the programme title(s) for application, student's name, and student card no. (if applicable). You may either:
bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including "HKU SPACE MasterCard", at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment for courses with a tuition fee of HK$2,000 to $40,000. The cardholder must also be the course applicant himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any of the enrolment centres.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances, subject to the School's discretion.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries of the relevant subject area for details.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for $30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE". Such copies will normally only be issued at the end of a course.