Law School Preparation Program (for future lawyers)
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 18 hours
- Course Fee
The Law School Preparation Program will immerse students in the theory and practice of law and to develop a roadmap for joining the legal profession.
Getting a head-start is vital in a field as competitive as Law. The legal profession is considered a noble profession as it is the upholder and protector of law. For students who are considering entering into law school, the HKU SPACE Law School Preparation Program can provide a competitive edge, by demonstrating a passion and understanding of the law.
The Law School Preparation Program will help them grow in understanding of the common law system underpinning the legal system in Hong Kong and other countries (UK, USA etc), as well as giving their legal study skills a boost. Most importantly ‘Law School Preparation Program’ allows students to immerse themselves in the theory and practice of law and to develop a roadmap for joining the legal profession.
The Law School Preparation Program is an ideal opportunity for students to use a portion of their summer to enhance their future possibilities in the field of Law. This course will be divided into two parts. The first part will focus on an introduction to the law, the legal profession and the mechanisms of the legal system. The second part will focus on the development of legal research and communication skills through cooperative problem solving and presentations. The teaching will follow a traditional law school model and students are encouraged to actively participate in class.
Click Here for Provisional Timetable with the teaching topics.
Days / Time
- Mon, Wed, Fri, 1:30pm - 4:30pm
- Classes will be held on 27 Jul, 29 Jul, 31 Jul, 3 Aug, 5 Aug and 7 Aug
18 hours (3 hours per session / 3 sessions per week)
Admiralty Learning Centre
Rm 314, Admiralty Learning Centre, 18 Harcourt Road, Hong Kong
Applicants should be aged 15 or above. There are no specific entry requirements but, given the language of instruction, students should have competence in English language.
a) complete the enrolment form and enroll in the course(s)
(ii) by mail with cheque/bank draft to ‘HKU SPACE Summer School Office, 11/F, 250 King’s Road, Hong Kong’
Cheque/Bank draft should be made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ with applicant’s name and course(s) applied written on the back. A photo of the applicant (in plain colour background, 45mm(W) x 55mm(H)) is also required.
b) apply through the School’s online enrolment system and pay by credit card or PPS.
If you are applying for more than one course, please check to ensure that there is no clash of class schedules before submitting your application.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted to a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- Receipts will only be issued once. For additional copies of proof of payments, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
For details of admission, information for students, enrolment centres and other information related to HKU SPACE Summer School, please visit our Summer School webpage.