Business & Management Business Management
The programme aims to develop students into knowledge practitioners in finance and investments who can utilize and apply a coherent body of knowledge in designing and executing complex financial strategy in accordance with corporate goals and objectives. The programme participants will be equipped with the latest knowledge of major financial disciplines and be able to take advantages of the opportunities in the global capital markets as well as mitigating the risks presented to them in the increasingly volatile markets. The programme will also prepare the students to be socially responsible and operate in autonomy with integrity for which personal development and the building of awareness towards a knowledge economy is becoming a prerequisite in China.
The programme consists of 11 modules:
- Corporate Finance
- Quantitative Finance
- Financial Statements and Analysis
- Corporate Investment and Sustainability
- Corporate Capital Planning and Equity Valuation
- Corporate Governance and Risk Management
- Global Economy and Investment Outlook
- Corporate Restructuring and M&A
- Financing Strategies and Legal Environment
- Public–Private Partnerships Policy and Practice
- Final Project
Upon completion of the programme, students will be awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE a Postgraduate Diploma in Corporate Finance and Investment Management.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- Integrate and apply the body of knowledge gained from major financial and investment disciplines taught in the programme to model and develop a sound financial strategy in line with the corporate goals;
- Critically evaluate complex financial data in order to formulate feasible scenarios and options available for the company at both tactical and strategic levels;
- Design and implement effective financial measures and metrics to ensure a sustainable corporate growth and development;
- Articulate the importance of high level of professionalism and integrity as a financial practitioner with full regards to the company, society and personal development;
- Accept full accountability and to operate in a high degree of autonomy in managing a professional team of in-house staff and/or external consultants with full regards to resources and time constraints in a financial based projects such as listing of the company in a stock exchange.
Fee & Entry Requirements
- Course Fee : HK$75000
Applicants shall hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized institution with 3 years’ relevant work experience.
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
- an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
- a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
- HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
- HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
- equivalent qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on individual merit.
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Please submit your application with all of the following documents to one of our enrolment centres in person or by post to the following address:
HKU SPACE Executive Academy
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
10/F., T. T. Tsui Building
The University of Hong Kong
Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong
Attn: CFM Programme Team
- Duly completed HKU SPACE application form (SF26);
- Copy of HKID Card#;
- Certified true copies of full educational certificates and transcripts;
- Testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant’s work experience;
- A 500-word letter outlining the applicant's education, training and working experience, and saying how he/she would benefit from the programme;
- Resume; and
- A crossed cheque or bank draft of HK$150 made payable to "HKU SPACE" as application fee (non-refundable)
# To study in Hong Kong, all non-local applicants are required to obtain a student visa issued by the Immigration Department of the HKSAR Government, except for those admitted to Hong Kong for employment or as dependants, who do not need prior approval before taking up part-time studies. It is the responsibility of individual applicants to make appropriate visa arrangements. Holding an acceptance letter to a HKU SPACE academic programme/course does not guarantee the issue of a student visa.Payment Method
Applicants may also pay the tuition fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Business Management