Arts, Design & CulturePerforming Arts
Postgraduate Diploma in Creative Industries Management (Arts and Culture)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 1 year
- Course Fee
Hong Kong's cultural and creative industries have grown at a rate faster than the overall economy in recent years. This Programme is designed to equip you with practical knowledge of the activities, structures and processes involved in the management in this dynamic sector.
Who should enrol?
Anyone who wants to become a manager or to explore business opportunities in the arts and cultural sectors is welcome to apply, so are current arts administrators, curators, event organizers, and teachers of arts and culture subjects.
Why study this Programme at HKU SPACE
The Programme focuses on practical knowledge of the creative industries and real life application of the management principles.
Our teachers are well recognized personnel at senior management level in the cultural sector who will share their valuable experience in real-world issues.
The field trip offers exposure to creative industries and cultural enterprises outside Hong Kong, including areas of visual art, performing arts, architecture, design, etc.
Students come from a variety of background, such as museums, performing arts bodies and different arts and cultural enterprises, thus enabling useful exchange and sharing.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- Examine and evaluate current creative arts programming development in Hong Kong;
- Compare and discuss programming ideas for selected creative arts sectors;
- Manage the finance and human resources within the context of a creative arts sector;
- Set up fundraising projects for various creative arts sectors; and
- Evaluate the market environment and design a marketing strategy for a specific creative arts target market.
This 1-year programme consist of 4 modules and a Field Trip:
- Principles of Arts and Cultural Management
- Financial Management, Planning and Resource Development
- Arts and Cultural Marketing
- Seminar in Creative Industries
- Field Trip (London and Paris)
The Field Trip details will be announced later. *Itinerary is subject to change.
|Module Topic||Class Date||Teachers|
|Principles of Arts and Cultural Management||
11, 18, 25 Nov;
Ms Shirley Wong,
|Financial Management, Planning and Resource Development||
20, 27 Jan; 3, 10 Feb; 3, 10 Mar 2018 (Sat)
Ms Susanna Chiu,
(London and Paris)
|18-25 Mar 2018||Mr Tan Tack Ki,
Senior Programme Director,
|Arts and Cultural Marketing||5, 12, 19, 26 May;
2, 9 Jun 2018 (Sat)
10.00am - 5.00pm
|Ms Katy Cheng,
Marketing Director, Hong Kong Arts Festival
|Seminar in Creative Industries||
7, 14, 21, 28 Jul;
Ms Jacqueline Chong,
- Dr. Darwin Chen (陳達文博士), SBS
Chairman of Committee on Performing Arts, Home Affairs Bureau
- Professor Tseng Sun Man (鄭新文教授)
Arts Administration Educator
- Dr. Carlye Tsui Wai Ling (徐尉玲博士), BBE, MBE, JP
FHKIoD CEO, The Hong Kong Institute of Directors; Council Member of the Hong Kong Chinese Orchestra
- Dr. John Yeung (楊顯中博士), OBE, JP
Managing Director, The Cross-Habour Tunnel (Holdings) Limited; Vice-Chairman, Hong Kong Repertory Theatre
Academic Scholarships are provided subject to Scholarship requirement.
|Start Date||11 Nov 2017|
|Time||10:00am - 5:00pm|
Days / Time
- Saturday, 10:00am - 5:00pm
Applicants shall hold a bachelor's degree or equivalent awarded by a recognized university; and have at least one year of work experience in related fields.
HK$200 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$32,000 (one instalment)
- Extra Cost: (Field Trip)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
CEF SectorFinancial Services
|Financial Management, Planning and Resource Development (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Creative Industries Management (Arts and Culture) programme)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z07418-6||FEES $8,000||ENQUIRY 2975-5738|
|Continuing Education Fund reimbursable programme (selected modules only)
Some modules of this programme have been included in the list of CEF reimbursable programmes. Application for CEF has to be made before commencement of the modules.
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Please submit your application with all the following documents through one of our enrolment counters in person or send by post to the following address:
11/F, Island East Campus
494 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong
(Attn: Ms Trista Chan)
- Duly completed HKU SPACE application form (SF26);
- A copy of HKID Card;
- Copies of certificates and transcripts of academic/professional qualifications; and
- A crossed cheque of HK$200 made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ as application fee (non-refundable)
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview.Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify theprogramme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.