Accounting & Finance Accounting
ONLINE Application is AVAILABLE!!
Super Excellent CPA pass rate (Over 70% in 2020 semester one)
Our students achieved over 70% pass rate which is higher than the national average 63%
Congratulations! Exceptional Performance for our students (14% Distinction and 14% Credit on the 2020 semester one!!)
HKU SPACE is the Registered Tuition Provider for the CPA Program. We have provided intensive tuition to students for years and they have achieved high passing rates. Our leading lecturing team is well recognised and most familiar with the latest exam structure, style and the required exam techniques. We offer highly comprehensive and structured examination preparatory courses in assisting you to tackle the CPA Program professional examinations.
- Tutor Profile: Our lecturers are experienced and professional; they equip students with knowledge and exam techniques.
- Audio Recording: Students could re-listen to the class on our School SOUL platform whenever necessary.
- Convenient Location: Learning Centres of HKU SPACE are conveniently located at different districts of Hong Kong (near MTR station).
- Administrative Support: Students ‘ enquiries are handled by designated staff.
- Study Room: Available to students at various Learning Centres of HKU SPACE.
The aims of the programme are to equip students with the necessary skills to assess financial risks and manage them strategically with the use of financial instruments. With the solid knowledge on governance framework, process of investment evaluation and practical elements and complexities of hedge accounting in relation to the International Financial Reporting Standard, students are able to understand and apply appropriate financial risk management strategies to address an organisation's financial risk.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- explain risk and a risk management framework;
- identify the types of financial risk faced by an organisation;
- apply a practical approach to assessing, monitoring and managing an organisation's financial risk;
- identify the funding, liquidity, interest rate, foreign exchange, commodity price, credit and operational risk faced by organisations;
- advise an organisation on the procurement and management of funding and the allocation to competing long-term investments;
- advise an organisation on the types of financial instruments that could be used to best manage an organisation’s financial risk;
- identify the practical elements of accounting for derivatives, for both embedded derivatives and derivatives used for hedging purposes; and
- explain the responsibilities for financial risk and regulatory requirements, and the control framework to manage both financial and operational risks.
Students are required to do a 2-hour written examination.
Students who are able to satisfy both the attendance requirement (minimum 70%) and passed the above programme assessment will be conferred a "Certificate for Module (Financial Risk Management for CPA Programme Revision Course)".
A Statement of Attendance will be awarded to those who have attended 70% of the required hours.
14% of our students achieved with Distinction
14% of our students achieved with Credit
Exam Result Analysis in 2020 semester one
We offer the most comprehensive and structured examination preparatory courses in assisting you to tackle the compulsory and elective subjects of CPA Program.
** ONLINE ENROLMENT IS PREFERRED **
Application for course is on first-come-first-served basis. Only students enrolled in the coming examinations of the CPA Program are eligible to enrol this revision course. Students must check with CPA Australia (Tel: 2175 6783) that they are eligible to write the examinations.
|Application Code||2070-AC068A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
- 7 Lecture with 21 hours
- Mr. Albert Poon
14 FEB 2023
|21 FEB 2023||Tuesday||19:00-22:00|
|28 FEB 2023||Tuesday||19:00-22:00|
|7 MAR 2023||Tuesday||19:00-22:00|
|14 MAR 2023||Tuesday||19:00-22:00|
|21 MAR 2023||Tuesday||19:00-22:00|
|28 MAR 2023||Tuesday||19:00-22:00|
Venue: HK Island
*The above tentative schedule for reference only. Schedule details will be released later.
*Venues provided are for reference only and subject to changes. HKU SPACE reserves the right to make changes if necessary.
- Only students enrolled in the coming examinations of the CPA Program are eligible to enrol this revision course.
- Students must check with CPA Australia (Tel: 2891 3312) that they are eligible to write the examinations.
For Non-local applicants, students should hold valid visa (e.g. Student Visa, Employment Visa or Dependent Visa.)
- Course Fee : HK$3300 (Lecture notes will be provided, excluding textbook.)
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Relevant Programmes
- Certificate for Module (Strategic Management Accounting for CPA Programme Revision Course) Certificate for Module (Financial Reporting for CPA Programme Revision Course) Certificate for Module (Advanced Audit and Assurance for CPA Programme Revision Course) Certificate for Module (Ethics and Governance for CPA Programme Revision Course) Certificate for Module (Global Strategy and Leadership for CPA Programme Revision Course)