Business & Management Human Capital and Leadership
The programme begins with an introduction to the types of HR analytics used today and moves to identifying and applying appropriate HR analytical tools in different business and HR scenarios. The programme also equips students with the skills and knowledge to report findings and gather insights for business and HR strategy and decision-making.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- Examine reasons for the increasing use of HR analytics in human resource management today;
- Apply different types of HR analytics to evaluate and resolve issues for different business and HR scenarios (eg. recruitment, talent management, staff engagement and business scenario modelling);
- Identify relevant HR metrics, prepare data and effectively conduct predictive analysis;
- Analyse and report findings to generate insights for business and HR strategy decision-making; and
- Discuss the impact of AI, technology and data-driven HR decisions on the future of HR analytics.
The programme consists of 36 hours of lectures and 12 hours of e-learning:
- Understanding HR Metrics and Analytics
- Getting Started with Analytics
- Predictive Analytics
- Implementing Predictive Analysis
- Predictive HR Analytics in Action
- The Future of HR Analytics
To successfully complete the programme, students must
- Attendance not less than 70% AND;
- An overall pass rate of 50% in Coursework and 50% of Group Project
Upon successful completion of the programme, students will be awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE a Certificate for Module (Predictive HR Analytics).
Dr. Monica Tang
Dr. Monica Tang is an experienced IT management professional with a demonstrated history of successful system projects in public sectors, universities and consulting companies. Her expertise areas include project management, digital transformation and data analytics. Dr Tang is currently responsible for managing the human resource systems at the University of Hong Kong.
Dr. Tang received her Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) from City University of Hong Kong and Master of Science with distinction in Managerial Leadership from Edinburgh Napier University. Her research interests focus on leadership and management. Her research aims to bring out the best of the employees and contribute to organizational success. Her research paper was accepted in the prestigious Society of Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP) annual conference. Dr. Tang is also the awardee of “Contribution to the Society Award” by City University of Hong Kong in 2017.
Days / Time
- Wednesday, 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Fee & Entry Requirements
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$7800
(a) (i) hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized institution; AND
(ii) have three years of full-time work experience in related industries.
(b) (i) hold professional qualification(s) in a relevant discipline; AND
(ii) have five years of full-time work experience at senior managerial level in related industries.
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
- an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
- a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
- HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
- HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
- equivalent qualifications.
Applicants not meeting the standard set of criteria for admission will be assessed on individual merit.
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Predictive HR Analytics)
證書(單元 : 預測性人力資源分析)
|COURSE CODE 33C131501||FEES $7,800||ENQUIRY 2867-8310|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (Predictive HR Analytics)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Complete and return the application form in person to HKU SPACE Enrolment Centre. For venue, please refer to our HKU SPACE website at http://hkuspace.hku.hk/learning-centre. The application must be accompanied with:
a) A non-refundable application fee of HKD$150 (Cheque should be crossed and made payable to "HKU SPACE") to be submitted with the application for enrolment. The application fee will be used to cover the cost of processing.
b) Photocopies of HKID card
c) Photocopies of relevant certificates/transcripts, and testimonials
d) Photocopies of documentary proof of the applicant's working experience.
*Please bring original certificates/official transcripts and testimonials/documentary proof of working experience for certification at HKU SPACE Centres.Payment Method
Tuition fees must be settled at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
1. Cash, EPS or WeChat Pay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for the application and the applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
- Applicants must print out and sign on the payment slip (if any) before settling the tuition fees at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
- Online payment is unavailable for this programme.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, WeChat Pay, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Human Capital and Leadership