Marketing & HospitalityRetail, Fashion and Luxury Brand Management
Postgraduate Diploma in Luxury Services and Brand Management
- Course Code
- Application Code
- QF Level
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 04 Nov 2019 (Mon)
- 12 months to 24 months
This Postgraduate Diploma is designed to provide opportunities for practitioners in the luxury goods and services business to develop the knowledge, international perspective and managerial skills required to enhance their company’s competitiveness, innovative capabilities and brand reputation. This programme also helps students acquire analytical skills to pursue a career in the luxury business sector.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
1. apply effective marketing communication tools and strategies to build a brand;
2. critically analyse, evaluate and make judgments about the psychological, social, cultural, technological and economic factors influencing buyer behaviour and buyer decision making;
3. apply concepts and theories to analyse the influence and effect of advertising;
4. develop effective marketing campaigns for businesses in the luxury retail sector;
5. integrate the links between different marketing communication tools and brand value and brand equity creation;
6. discuss and critically analyse issues in fashion retailing, or fashion marketing, or social media marketing, or digital marketing, or content marketing and corporate communication.
To receive the award of Postgraduate Diploma in Luxury Services and Brand Management, students are required to complete 3 common core modules plus 2 specialism core modules and 1 elective module.
Common Core Modules (39 Lecture Hours)
1. Integrated Brand Communications
2. Consumer Behaviour and Branding
3. Advertising and Media
Specialism Core Modules (39 Lecture Hours)
4. Luxury Marketing Strategies
5. Luxury Brand Management
6. Elective Modules (Choose any one) (39 Lecture Hours)
Omnichannel Retail Strategy
Social Media Marketing
Digital Marketing and Analytics
Content Marketing and Corporate Communication
Students who complete Modules 4. Luxury Marketing Strategies and 5. Luxury Brand Management may choose to exit with the intermediate award of Postgraduate Certificate in Luxury Services and Brand Management.
|Application Code||1755-MK070A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
- 12 to 24 months
- Any HKU SPACE Learning Centres
Assessment for all modules is based on continuous assessment and / or final examination. The continuous assessment includes written assignments (paper, essay, or report), group project, and/or presentation. The overall passing mark is 50%.
Integrated Brand Communications focuses on the effective marketing communication tools to build a brand. It aims to choose and design the brand elements and plan strategically its architecture, use marketing mix strategies appropriately to deliver brand promises, develop a brand or re-brand to revitalize it for success, and to build and measure brand value and equity.
Consumer Behaviour and Branding is designed to build an understanding of how both consumers and organisations make purchasing decisions. This is achieved by exploring both the theoretical and practical implications of macro influences such as culture, social class and micro influences such as motivation, learning, perception and attitudes. The module will also take a consumer perspective onto brand management and will look at how individual engages with and uses brands, with particular emphasis on co-creation of values among brand related communities.
Advertising and Media equips students with a framework of established models and concepts with which to analyse the influence and effect of advertising. It will consider the latest trends within the media industry, the role and importance of media strategy and the planning within the wider marketing communication context.
Luxury Marketing Strategies provides a critical awareness of the unique challenges inherent in marketing luxury services. It discusses the contemporary issues in luxury services marketing, combined with local and regional perspectives. It reviews the application of different concepts, frameworks, and analytical procedures in managing the service delivery process, and the development of appropriate strategies to marketing luxury products and services.
Luxury Brand Management provides an overview of the entire luxury goods management process, from brand DNA definition to product distribution in markets. Focusing on the luxury consumer, the course examines brand strategy, competition, market needs and specificities, product launching and manufacturing, communication and distribution. Using the case study and project-based learning approach, the course examines ways in which strategic thinking, creativity and business skills are integrated in the successful luxury goods firm.
Omnichannel Retail Strategy equips students with omnichannel retail strategies and issues that affect marketing in the fashion business. Omnichannel marketing focuses on providing a seamless retail experience to customers by engaging them in physical store, online website, mobile app, social media, and other channels. The module also covers the current issues in developing on-site and off-site location strategies, and the contemporary concepts and skills in developing and implementing fashion retail strategies.
Marketing Fashion focuses on the integration of fashion marketing concepts, practices and applications and facilitates the development of a marketing and merchandising plan. The module also analyses opportunities regarding merchandise positioning, brand imagery, targeting and segmentation of an apparel or other fashion product.
Social Media Marketing covers advertising, marketing, and communications strategies in the new media landscape where traditional and social media co-exist. The module focuses on how social media strategies can be used effectively in marketing programmes, when they should/should not be used, how to build them, and how to measure, track, and evaluate their performance and effectiveness.
Digital Marketing and Analytics explores the various components of the growing digital marketing channels including social, mobile, email, microsites, and search engine marketing to understand how to implement an effective digital marketing strategy.
Content Marketing and Corporate Communication explores the role content marketing plays in corporate communication. It deals with identifying the corporate and branding reputation and developing the content niche and thought leadership. It reviews the development of communication strategies and measuring the impact of communication campaigns. It also covers the specialist areas in corporate communications such as employee communications, corporate social responsibility, and crisis communication.
Weekly Lectures, 1 to 2 modules per term, three terms in one year.
Weekdays (7 - 10pm) and occasional Weekends (2:30 - 5:30 pm).
Term 1 : July – October
Term 2 : November - February
Term 3 : March – June
Students could choose to start in July, November or March
Applicants should have:
- (i) hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized university; or
(ii) hold relevant and recognized professional qualifications and have three years of relevant work experience.
2. provide evidence of English proficiency if they hold a professional qualification or their bachelor’s degree is from a university where the teaching medium is not English, such as:
(i) an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
(ii) a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL; or
(iii) HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above;
(iv). HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
(v) equivalent qualifications.
Applicants not meeting the standard set of criteria for admission will be assessed on individual merit.
- HK$4,900 per module
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to make enrolment for most open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either PPS, VISA or Mastercard online.
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may be admitted by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the programme/course fees by either using:
PPS via Internet - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
To know more about online enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Enrolment and Payment:
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
Applicants must provide all the required information on the application form and any additional information as required after the intial application assessment. Otherwise the School may not be able to process the admission/enrolment further.
- For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
- Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same course
In person or by post
- The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
- Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Retail, Fashion and Luxury Brand Management
- Relevant Programmes
- Postgraduate Diploma in Digital and Social Media Marketing Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Branding and Digital Reputation Management Postgraduate Diploma in Corporate Branding and Event Management Postgraduate Diploma in Fashion Marketing and Management Master of Science in Marketing Master of Science in Marketing with Sales Management Master of Science in Marketing with Festival and Event Management