Accounting & Finance Investment Management
Postgraduate Diploma in Public Financing and Capital Market
- Course Code
- Application Code
- QF Level
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 1 year
- Course Fee
Going public is a significant milestone in a company’s development. However, this initial public offering (IPO) exercise is a complicated and time-consuming process loaded with hurdles and contingencies.
To leverage the capital markets to provide expansion capital is an increasingly important strategic consideration for enterprises in Hong Kong and Mainland China. To these expanding fast-growing companies, having the companies’ shares listed in the recognised stock exchanges (both within Greater China or overseas jurisdictions) is an important business strategic decision.
We will be serving the development needs for a broad range of students in light of the multi-disciplinary nature and complexity of the IPO exercise.
- Corp Seniors - Chairman, CEO, managing director, directors, statutory supervisors, general manager. Company secretaries
- Corp Task Force - COO, CFO, CIO, Group legal counsel, and other members of the special task force team of IPO-bound companies
- High Net Worth Group - Controlling shareholders and the representative from the respective Family Offices
- Professionals - Professionals working in financial institutions and other intermediaries serving listed / IPO-bound companies
This programme aims to develop senior executives in IPO-bound companies and related financial companies to break through the financing bottlenecks by
- conducting critical analysis of the multi-layer Capital Operations,
- integrating capital planning with various corporate financing alternatives, and
- devising the corporate capital strategy as well as associated IPO implementation plan.
The programme will also prepare the participating senior executives to devise the appropriate pre-IPO planning, IPO execution and post-IPO statutory and regulatory obligations plans. This will be achieved by achieving a comprehensive understanding of the IPO process as well as respective roles of IPO professional advisers to enable students to spearhead the effective implementation of the IPO exercise.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- Devise an appropriate listing structure to satisfy the operational requirements of the primary and secondary markets, major Capital Operations and financial regulators;
- Integrate application of corporate finance strategies as well as critically evaluate incidental markets operations to formulate an effective overall IPO strategy;
- integrate various finance and business management disciplines and practical skills to organize various aspects for executing the IPO exercise;
- Establish and regularize corporate governance and risk management systems to meet expectations from stakeholders such as regulators and investors; and
- Amalgamate the IPO plan with formulation of the appropriate wealth succession plan with respect to the wealth management requirements of the controlling shareholder (and family) as well as respective market operation requirements.
The programme consists of 9 modules:
- Capital Operations and Financial Management
- Corporate Governance and Compliance Management
- M&A and Corporate Restructuring
- Private Equity and Strategic Investor Management
- Strategic Value Management
- IPO Planning and Operations
- Post-IPO Obligation and Investor Relations
- Family Office and Succession Planning
- Final Project
Students who successfully complete all the 9 credit-bearing modules and pass the assessment, will be awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE a “Postgraduate Diploma in Public Financing and Capital Market”.
Applicants shall hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized institution with 8 years’ relevant work experience*.
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
- an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
- a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
- HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
- HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
- equivalent qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications and relevant work experience* will be considered on individual merit.
* Relevant work experience: management and / or advisory work experience from business enterprises, advisory and consulting firms, financial institutions, corporate finance houses, mergers & acquisitions advisory firms, investment management firms, corporate risk management and governance advisory firms, or family offices etc.
- Course Fee : HK$295,000
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
Please submit your application with all of the following documents to one of our enrolment centres in person or by post to the following address:
HKU SPACE Executive Academy
8/F, T.T.Tsui Building,
The University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, H.K.
Attn: Ms. Jessy Gao
- Duly completed HKU SPACE application form (SF26);
- Copy of HKID Card
- Certified true copies of full educational certificates and transcripts;
- Testimonials or other documentary proof of the applicant’s work experience;
- A 500-word letter outlining the applicant's education, training and working experience, and saying how he/she would benefit from the programme;
- Resume; and
- A crossed cheque or bank draft of HK$150 made payable to "HKU SPACE" as application fee (non-refundable)
# To study in Hong Kong, all non-local applicants are required to obtain a student visa issued by the Immigration Department of the HKSAR Government, except for those admitted to Hong Kong for employment or as dependants, who do not need prior approval before taking up part-time studies. It is the responsibility of individual applicants to make appropriate visa arrangements. Holding an acceptance letter to a HKU SPACE academic programme/course does not guarantee the issue of a student visa.Payment Method
Applicants may also pay the tuition fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Investment Management