Arts, Design & Culture Western Art
- Drawing I or Drawing II
- Painting I or Painting II
- History of Western Art: The Renaissance to Realism or History of Western Art: Impressionism to Post-Modernism
- Figure Drawing I or Figure Drawing II
- Basic Watercolour Painting or Intermediate Watercolour Painting
- Introduction to Graphic Design
- Introduction to Interior Design
- Basic Photography
complete 3 compulsory and 2 elective modules in 3 years from the date of registration;
attend at least 80% of the classes in each module; and
obtain a passing grade for all assignments and assessments.
- Students can study at their own pace, according to the availability of courses, but have to complete 5 modules in 3 years from the date of registration. The normal duration of study is 1.5 years.
Modules & Class Details
Students are only allowed to take a maximum of 5 modules comprising 3 compulsory and 2 elective modules.
Beginners are advised to take Drawing I before other studio courses.
Students shall choose either History of Western Art: The Renaissance to Realism or History of Western Art: Impressionism to Post-Modernism according to their interest.
Students according to their artistic skills and knowledge, are to choose either an introductory module or an intermediate module of the same subject (e.g. Drawing I or Drawing II; Basic Watercolour Painting or Intermediate Watercolour Painting).
Students once receiving a pass in a module will not be permitted to repeat that module.
As special assignments count towards the award of the Certificate, no exemption will be granted to students who have previously taken any of these modules.
|Month||Module Title (Medium of Instruction)|
► Basic Watercolour Painting (Cantonese)
► History of Western Art: Impressionism to Post-Modernism (English) [Cancelled]
► Drawing I (Cantonese)
► Drawing I (English)
► History of Western Art: The Renaissance to Realism (Cantonese)
► Introduction to Graphic Design (Cantonese)
► Basic Photography (Cantonese)
► Intermediate Watercolour Painting (Cantonese)
► Painting I (Cantonese)
► Painting I (English)
► Drawing II (Cantonese)
► Basic Watercolour Painting (English)
► Figure Drawing I (English)
Fee & Entry Requirements
Applicants shall have basic spoken and written skills in either Chinese or English.
- Fees paid are not refundable
1. Supervision Fee: HK$4,500 (One-off payment; payable at the time of registration)
2. Module Fee: See individual course description (Payable at the time of individual course enrolment)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
New students shall register for the programme before enrolling on the individual modules. Complete the Application for Enrolment Form (SF26) using the application code 2135-2732AW for registration and pay the non-refundable one-off supervision fee of HK$4,500.
Applicants will be asked to present their HKID card/passport for identity verification if applying in person at enrolment centres or to attach a copy of their HKID card/passport to the Application for Enrolment Form (SF26) if applying by post.
Registered students enrol on individual modules by completing the Application for Enrolment Form (SF26) and using application codes specific to students of the Certificate in Foundation Art and Design.
- If Certificate students fail to use the right application code, the course will not be counted towards the award of the Certificate.
Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay
Crossed Cheque or Bank Draft (payable to HKU SPACE)
VISA or Mastercard