English at Work - Impromptu Talk and Discussion
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 17 Sep 2022 (Sat)
- 6 weeks
- Course Fee
This course focuses on Impromptu Talk and Discussion. It aims to develop oral communications skills that enable you to speak clearly and present ideas coherently.
The course is most suitable for students who want to perfect their impromptu skills in order to perform at career interviews for immigration officer, police inspector, etc. Topics include:
- pronunciation and intonation
- idea elaboration
- structure of an effective presentation with impact
- delivery of talk and discussion with strategy
- response to given topics, questioning and discussion
- deploying body language
You may also be interested in these courses:
- Better Writing Using Plain English: https://hkuspace.hku.hk/prog/better-writing-using-plain-eng
- English at Work – Email Writing: https://hkuspace.hku.hk/prog/english-at-work-email-writing
- Business Email Writing: https://hkuspace.hku.hk/prog/business-email-writing
- Business Grammar: https://hkuspace.hku.hk/prog/business-grammar
Instructors of the course are drawn from our panel of qualified and experienced English language teachers. Some of them are native speakers; others are local teachers with native speaker competence.
Notes To Applicants
- Applications will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Unless any change is made to the advertised details, we do not usually issue joining instructions. Applicants with receipts should go to the first session of the class at the time and place shown.
- No refunds or transfers to a different class will be approved.
|Application Code||2045-3459NW||Apply Online Now|
|Start Date||17 Sep 2022 (Sat)|
|Time||10:00 am - 1:00 pm|
|Venue||Hong Kong Island Learning Centre|
|Apply Online Now|
- 6 meeting(s)
- 3 hours per meeting
Applicants should have a Secondary 5 level of English language proficiency or equivalent.
* Before you enrol, please make sure that you meet the entry requirements. Failure in meeting the requirements would mean that you will not be able to study the course.
- Course Fee : HK$2,100
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
We provide online application and payment service for students to make enrolment via the Internet. Enrolment will be confirmed once students have made the payment online by using either PPS or credit card.
By Post / In Person
Applicants are required to complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26. Either take or post the completed form, along with the appropriate course fee and supporting documents, to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course fees in the form of a cheque, and supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
- The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service; or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.