Social Sciences Psychology & Counselling
Executive Certificate in Applied Psychology
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 02 Nov 2022 (Wed)
- 6 months
- Cantonese, suppl with English
- Course Fee
Applied psychology is the use of theory and findings in psychology to solve practical problems in important areas of the human environment, including education, health, the workplace, and so on. This programme is designed to help participants apply cutting-edge theory to real-world situations. It is made up of different registered psychologists and other related specialists to deliver a powerful curriculum that explores a range of human behaviors, including how to motivate individuals and organizations, how to assess and improve performance and how to pursue healthy lives.
The course enables participants to:
- obtain an overview of the major theories and concepts in the areas of applied psychology,
- apply the knowledge base and principles of applied psychology to current/future professional and personal development as managers and leaders in public and/or private organizations,
- achieve a better understanding of oneself and others.
This is a part-time course delivered via a combination of lectures, workshops, role-play practices, etc.
- Application of clinical psychology - e.g. Understanding psychopathology
- Application of counselling psychology – e.g. Counselling and coaching
- Application of health psychology – e.g. Emotional management and psychotherapy
- Application of industrial/organizational Psychology – e.g. Leadership and change
- Application of personality psychology – e.g. Common personality assessments
- Application of positive psychology - e.g. Mindfulness and character strength
- Application of social psychology – e.g. Obedience and conformity
[Note: Topics to be included are subject to change.]
Course participants will be required to submit 2 written assignments on specific topics, which are set by the instructors involved. Besides, there is also a minimum attendance requirement of 80%
- Wednesday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- 2 November 2022 - 22 March 2023
(60 contact hours in total)
a) hold a bachelor's degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent; or
b) hold an associate degree / a higher diploma or equivalent, and have at least 2 years of work experience relating to staff supervision.
Applicants with other qualifications and substantial senior-level work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
- Course Fee : HK$7,800
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method