Accounting & Finance FinTech and Financial Intelligence
Executive Certificate in Banking and Financial Technology
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 27 Aug 2022 (Sat)
- Next intake(s)
- Dec 2022
- 2 months to 3 months
- Course Fee
- HK$9,900 per programme
The recent advances in Big Data and AI have major impact on the investment...
The recent advances in Big Data and AI have major impact to the investment...
Delivery timeliness is one of the main metrics of logistics service level...
Our professional lecturers will discuss the latest technological building blocks for FinTech and the contemporary applications of FinTech in banking and finance sectors. Also, risk management and regulatory development for banking and finance will be covered. Welcome for your online application!
CF on Fintech - Modular Exemption
Executive Certificate in Banking and Financial Technology holders are eligible to apply for exemption on Module 1 – Technology Essentials (Core Level) of the Enhanced Competency Framework (ECF) - FinTech qualification.
The ECF-Fintech is a collaborative effort of the HKMA, the Hong Kong Institute of Bankers (HKIB) and the banking sector in establishing a set of common and transparent competency standards for developing a strong Fintech talent pipeline and enhancing the professional competence of existing banking practitioners who are performing functions that involve technological innovation for financial services in Hong Kong’s banking industry. This framework will facilitate banking practitioners to acquire relevant Fintech knowledge and develop professional competencies in the Fintech area more effectively. Please refer to the HKMA Circular on “Enhanced Competency Framework on Fintech” for details.
On completion of the module, students should be able to
1. examine the applications of the latest technology for firms offering banking and financial services;
2. identify the latest systems and elements to support the development of financial technology;
3. outline the new ecosystem faced by banks and financial institutions;
4. discuss the regulatory framework and compliance issues in banking and finance.
Hong Kong Internet Finance Association (HKIFA) is a non-profit organisation established in Hong Kong. HKIFA leads some of the most ambitious efforts in Hong Kong to promote and advance the education of Fintech and of the use of technology for benefit of the public. We facilitate communication between Fintech practitioners and governmental bodies and promote international exchange of idea around Fintech development.
Students under this programme are eligible to apply free membership for Hong Kong Internet Finance Association. The association offers talks, workshops and/or seminars related to the FinTech.
|Application Code||2040-EP158A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Saturday, 10:00~1:00pm - 2:00pm~18:30
- Kowloon East Learning Centre
- Hong Kong Island Learning Centre
Course Content :
The programme comprises one module and the syllabus is as follows. It consists of 30 contact hours with a series of lectures delivered by experienced teachers from banking field and FinTech practitioners. For students completing the module, they can get the award of Executive Certificate in Banking and Financial Technology.
(1) New ecosystem in Banks and Financial Institutions
-Development of financial markets and instruments
-Technological building blocks: AI, Big Data, Blockchain, Cloud Computing, IoT, 5G
-Challenges and opportunities for traditional financial institutions
(2) FinTech for Banking, Investment and Financial Services
-Electronic payments systems: P2P money transfer and foreign exchange
-Online crowdfunding and lending platforms
-Tokenized fund raising such as ICO, IEO and STO
-Apps for financial planning and Insurtech
-Robo-advisory, Algo-trading, Chatbot and WealthTech
-Open banking and virtual banks
-Future trends and prospects of FinTech
(3) Risk Management and Regulatory Development for Banking and Finance
-Regulatory framework for FinTech
-Cryptography, information security and privacy
-eID, eKYC and authentication issues
-Regtech and regulatory sandbox
-Credit risk and Credit Analysis
-Risk management and compliance issues
-The PBOC’s Digital RMB DC/EP and Facebook’s Libra
Assessment method: two in-class exercises + individual assignment
The Executive Certificate will be conferred to candidates who pass in continuous assessment and final assessment as well as achieved at least 70% attendance of the programme
(1) Mr. Emil Chan, Honorary Chairman of Start HK
Emil is a FinTech enthusiast with over 20 years experience in managing IT, back office operations and business transformation projects in international financial institutions. He had worked for several sizeable international banks including Credit Suisse and BayernLB as the roles of First Vice President, Head of IT in Asia Pacific, Project Director and Operations Manager Asia Pacific. He has extensive experience in both Business and IT consulting encompassing the design, setup, leading and managing of cross-border projects throughout Asia. Emil is currently the Honorary Chairman of SmartHK, an NGO to promote startups for underprivileged and the members and advisors of several FinTech startups. He is also the adjunct lecturer of FinTech courses for Hong Kong University SPACE, Hong Kong Institute of Bankers, Vocational Training Council, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hang Seng University of Hong Kong and Lingnan University . He conducts CPD accredited courses for professional bodies including HK Law Society, HK Institute of CPA, Project Management Institute, etc. Moreover, he compiles and delivers in-house training courses for well known international companies and financial institutions.
In the past 10 years, he participated actively in voluntary community services in related to popularization of technology. He is the founding Chairman of the Association of Cloud and Mobile Computing Professionals, Past Vice President and Supervisory Committee Member of Internet Profession Association (iProA), the Vice Chairman of Hong Kong New Emerging Technology Education Association. He is also the Chairman of Smart City Consortium FinTech Committee, the Vice President and Hon. Secretary of Hong Kong Blockchain Development Association, Council Member of Hong Kong Software Industry Association, Think Tank Member of Dashun Foundation and Committee Member of the Hong Kong Cross Border eCommerce Association. Emil hosts seminars, delivers public speeches and publishes articles of FinTech related topics on media. He has also be interviewed by major media from time to time.
Emil had obtained a bachelor degree on Applied Computer Science from Hong Kong Open University and graduated from the University of Iowa with a Master of Business Administration degree. To facilitate his training skill, he also had obtained the NLP (Neuro-linguistic programming) Trainer Certificate with strong rapport building and story telling or over 20 years.
(2) Mr. Raymond Chan, CFT
Raymond was appointed the Managing Director of 9F International Holdings, a subsidiary of 9F Group (NASDAQ: JFU), in October 2018 and is responsible for applying financial licences, including Virtual Banking and Digital Insurance license in Hong Kong, “Tech Enabling” to Hong Kong and Southeast Asia markets, and expanding overseas Fintech Ecosystem partners. Raymond is an active speaker and practitioner in fintech areas including Virtual Bank, eKYC, eID, Open API, Mobile Payment and Cross-Border Banking. He has successfully launched “inMotion”, the first remote bank account opening mobile app in Hong Kong without the need to visit branch, submit signature and address proof, alongside with many first-in-Hong Kong fintech initiatives. Raymond has been working in the banking industry for more than 25 years, with 20 years in supervisory and management positions of international, European and Chinese banks. Before joining 9F International, he was Executive Deputy General Manager of China CITIC Bank International and Head of Marketing & Business Strategy of ICBC (Asia). His career experience covers many areas in banking including department head of e-Business, Marketing, Branch Network, Call Centre, Sales & Distribution and Business Support. The early stage of his career also covered IT and technical services in a global bank.
Raymond received Bachelor of Science (Engineering) - Electronics from University of Hong Kong, Master of Business Administration from Chinese University of Hong Kong, currently holds designations of HKRFP (Registered Financial Planner), FHKRFP, MHKCS, MHKIoD, Certified Financial Technologist of IFTA and CFT (Certificate in Finance and Technology).
August 2022 intake
|1||27 Aug 2022 (Sat)||10:00-13:00 & 14:00-18:30|
|2||3 Sep 2022 (Sat)||10:00-13:00 & 14:00-18:30|
|3||17 Sep 2022 (Sat)||10:00-13:00 & 14:00-18:30|
|4||24 Sep 2022 (Sat)||10:00-13:00 & 14:00-18:30|
Remarks: Tentative timetable is subject to change and course commencement is subject to sufficient enrollment numbers.
Applicants shall hold:
a) a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized University or equivalent; or
b) an Associate Degree/ a Higher Diploma or equivalent, and have at least 2 years of relevant working experience.
Applicants with other qualification and substantial senior level work experience will be considered on individual merit.
*Please upload copy of HKID and proof of degree while applying online.
HK$150 (student only needs to pay one time application fee for all EC in Big Data Series)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$9,900 per programme (course fees are subject to change without prior notice)
- Early Bird Rate : HK$9,000 per programme (Early-Bird discounted fee for enrolment on/before 21 Jul 2022)
- Alumni Rate : HK$9,000 per programme (Alumni from EDEC in Big Data and FinTech Programme Series)
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
HKU SPACE provides 24-hour online application and payment service for students to apply to selected award-bearing programmes and to enrol in most open admission courses (courses enrolled on a first come, first served basis) via the Internet. Applicants may settle the payment by using either "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard online. Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS) are also available for continuing enrolment in the same programme, if online service is offered.
For first time enrolment
Complete the online application form
Applicant may click the icon on the top right hand corner of the programme/course webpage to make online application, and then follow the instructions to fill in the online application form.
Some programmes/courses may admit by selection, and may require applicants to provide electronic copy of any required documents (e.g. proof of qualification) as indicated on the programme/course webpage. Only file format in doc, docx, jpg and pdf are supported.
Make Online Payment
Pay the application or programme/course fees by either using:
"PPS by Internet" - You will need a PPS account and a PPS Internet password. For information on how to open a PPS account and how to set up a PPS Internet password, please visit http://www.ppshk.com.
*Credit Card Online Payment - Course fees can be paid by VISA or Mastercard including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”.
* HKU SPACE Mastercard cardholders who wish to enjoy 10-month interest free instalment scheme must pay their tuition fees in person at any of our HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
To know more about first-time online application/enrolment and payment, please refer to the user guide of Online Application / Enrolment and Payment:
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
Selected programmes offer online continuing enrolment service. Programme staff will inform students if they offer this service and offer further enrolment details.
Online Payment can be made via "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard, Online WeChat Pay, Online AliPay and Faster Payment System (FPS)
In Person / Mail
For first time enrolment
For first come, first served short courses, complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26 and bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
[Download Enrolment Form SF26]
Award-bearing and professional courses may require other information. Forms are usually available at the enrolment centres or on request from programme staff. Bring or post the completed form(s), together with the appropriate application/course fee(s) and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
For continuing enrolment in the same programme
The standard ‘Enrolment/Payment Slip’ is designed for students of award-bearing programmes or remaining programmes in a suite of programmes requiring continuing enrolment and it applies to most programmes.
Students should complete the “Enrolment/Payment Slip” which will be made available by relevant programme staff and return the slip to any HKU SPACE enrolment centre or post it to the relevant programme staff with appropriate fee payment.
Please refer to available Payment Methods for fee payment information. If you are in doubt about the procedures, please check the individual course details, or contact our programme staff or enrolment centres.
Please note the followings for programme/course enrollment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only Early Bird Discount is supported for Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discount, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, a payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.