Technology, Aviation, Engineering & SciencesLibrary & Information Studies
Executive Certificate in Knowledge Management
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Course Code
- Application Code
- Financial assistance
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 4 months
- English, supplemented with Cantonese
The programme is suited to prepare professionals or administrators who have to take their leadership in preparing and continuing the implementation of Knowledge Management in the areas of organising and improving knowledge capturing, creation, application and sharing in their organisations. Various aspects of knowledge management as well as the application of technology in this field will be covered. Participants will experience the use of tools in knowledge management, such as After Action Review, Action Learning and Knowledge Creation. Current practices of various KM Models will be discussed. Case studies will be used and examples of local organisations will be shared.
Tuesday 7:00 - 10:00 pm
1. Basic principles of Knowledge Management (KM);
2. KM Strategies, the Data, Information, Knowledge, Wisdom (DIKW) concepts and theories of knowledge;
3. Knowledge Management Audit;
4. KM Systems;
5. Technology in KM;
6. Basic understanding of Expert-system and data-mining;
7. Tools in KM: After Action Review and Action Learning Exercises;
8. Knowledge Sharing, Tool: Community of Practice;
9. Personal KM and Customer KM;
10. Organization Learning;
11. Visual Thinking and Innovation in KM;
12. KM in Project Management;
13. Future of KM;
14. MAKE Awards (Hong Kong Most Admired Knowledge Enterprise Award).
Certificate will be awarded to students who have successfully satisfied assessments (e.g. class exercises and group project) and attendance requirements (70%).
Applicants should hold:
(a) A bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized university or equivalent; or
(b) An associate degree/a higher diploma or equivalent, and have at least 2 years of work experience; or
(c) Relevant professional qualifications.
Applicants with other equivalent qualifications and relevant work experience will be considered on their individual merit.
- HK$10,000 (subject to review)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Executive Certificate in Knowledge Management
|COURSE CODE 21C05468-2||FEES $10,000||ENQUIRY 3762-0842|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
|The Office of the Continuing Education Fund does not have record of registration of this course under the Qualifications Framework*
*This course is CEF reimbursable before the establishment of the Qualifications Framework
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
- Please complete the Application for Enrollment Form (SF26), together with copies of relevant certificates and cheque payable to HKU SPACE, and
- Send to HKU SPACE Enrollment Centers in person, or send or fax to Ms. Katie Au-Yeung, HKU SPACE, 13/F Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.