Healthcare, Sport and Wellness Pharmaceutical Studies
This course is offered in collaboration with the University of Sunderland, UK. It allows patient-facing pharmacists in all sectors to build upon current knowledge and experience and extend their professional development.
This is a 2-year part-time course in HK. It runs on a distance learning basis and allows you to combine study with work and family commitments. Access all learning materials through the University VLE (Virtual Learning Environment) and attend online webinars in October, January and April. Learn from key and expert speakers within their respective fields and participate in workshop-based sessions.
In each stage of the course, you must successfully attain 60 credits in order to progress into the next stage. Taught postgraduate programmes generally consist of a number of taught modules leading to the award of a Postgraduate Certificate (60 credits) or Postgraduate Diploma (120 credits) or a Masters qualification (180 credits).
Assessment by coursework, portfolios, examination, oral presentation and final project report.
|Application Code||2150-HS073A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
This is an exempted course under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
Modules & Class Details
Postgraduate Certificate Level
- Clinical Decision Making and Stages of Care (20 Credits)
- Patient Safety (20 Credits)
- Evidence-based Medicine (10 Credits)
- Clinical Investigation and Diagnostics (10 Credits)
Postgraduate Diploma Level
- The Acute Patient (20 Credits)
- The Chronic Patient (20 Credits)
- Population Healthcare (10 Credits)
- Psychiatry (10 Credits)
- Research Methods (30 Credits)
- Research Project (30 Credits)
Fee & Entry Requirements
- have a minimum of lower-second-class honours degree in pharmacy (or equivalent) and registration as a pharmacist in Hong Kong.
- BPharm graduates from countries that do not normally award honours may also apply, provided they are registered as a pharmacist in Hong Kong.
- If the degree is from an university where the language of teaching and assessment is not in English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 6.0 in the IELTS or TOEFL score of 550 or equivalent qualifications.
HK$150 (non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$101,000 (paid by 3 instalments)
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
The completed application form with the relevant documents* and application fee $150 should be submitted by the following methods on or before the application deadline.
1. Online Enrolment
- Complete the online application form
- Upload a clear electronic copy of the following documents* with the image type of doc, docx, jpg and pdf and image resolution is 300dpi or above
- Photo of the documents is NOT accepted
2. In Person / Mail
- by mailing to HKU SPACE, SWAS, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Attention to: Ms. Lily Chan)
- in person at any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres
*Each application must be accompanied by the following photocopied documents:
- Certified Bachelor of Pharmacy Certificate
- Certified Bachelor of Pharmacy Transcript
- Certified Certificate of Pharmacist Registration#
- Certified Valid Annual Practising Certificate#
- Reference letter
- Hong Kong identity card or passport
- IELTS/ TOEFL result letter or equivalent qualifications (if applicable)
Applicants will be asked to present HKID or passport for verification if applying in person at enrolment counters
# Item 3 and 4 can be submitted later if you are an intern and have not yet obtained these two documents.Payment Method
1. CASH, EPS, wechat or alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash or EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE enrolment counters.
2. CHEQUE OR BANK DRAFT
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres; or
- mail the above documents to HKU SPACE, SWAS, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Attention to: Ms. Lily Chan). HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g., course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Pharmaceutical Studies