Accounting & FinanceAccounting
Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Commercial Law
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 02 Jan 2020 (Thu)
- Next intake(s)
- Jan-2020, May-2019, Sep-2020
- 1 year to 3 years
- Course Fee
- HK$7,800 per module
So it's never been more important for Hong Kong businesses to understand competition law, and take steps to minimise the risks. The actions of a single employee can cost a company millions of dollars in penalties and damages claims, as well as disqualification of directors and managers!
為回應客戶需求，大型會計師行展開跨界合作，涉足法律行業。畢馬威宣布，符莎莉律師事務所（SF Lawyers）已加入其全球法律服務（KPMG Global Legal Services）網絡，兩者合作提供核數、諮詢及法律一條龍服務，主打跨境併購交易、基建等範疇，但符莎莉律師事務所並不處理訴訟。（節錄）信報 2019年1月17日
The Programme aims to equip students with essential accounting knowledge, educate students on laws, regulations governing business operations & commercial transactions.
Video recording service of each lecture is available for the module "Financial Reporting" and "Cost and Management Accounting".
Competencies in both accounting and law form an important set of hard skills that any professional, entrepreneur and business manager should master, irrespective of their specific industries. While there are postgraduate level programmes in accounting or law, law and accounting are often treated as belonging to different silos of needs.
Knowledge of laws, especially those governing business operations and commercial transactions, is essential for business managers and administrators. Acquiring knowledge in commercial law and receiving formal training in accounting are of equal importance to those who would like to advance to senior management or become entrepreneurs. In light of this, this Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Commercial Law (PgDip(ACL)) is developed to cater for these needs.
- ACCA : Graduates of this programme will be exempted up to 7 papers from the ACCA Qualification examinations.
|Application Code||1765-AC052A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
This Programme consists of five core modules listed below:
(40 hours each except Financial Reporting)
|1. Financial Reporting * ^(50 hours)|
|2. Cost and Management Accounting ^|
|3. Taxation and Tax Planning *|
Commercial Law Specialism
(33 hours except Business and Company Law)
|4. Business and Company Law (40 hours)|
|5a. Consumer Protection and Competition Law#|
|5b. Commercial Crimes and Money Laundering Law#|
* Basic Accounting (40 hours) is the pre-requisite of this module. Students with no prior learning in basic accounting are required to take 'Basic Accounting' before attempting this module.
# Students are required to complete either 'Consumer Protection and Competition Law' or 'Commercial Crimes and Money Laundering Law'.
^ Video recording service of each lecture is available for revision via online learning platform.
Applicants should have prior studies of equivalent modules with standard, depth and scope at higher diploma level or above.
For Basic Accounting, equivalent modules taken 10 years ago or with results of grade D or below may not be considered as having fulfilled the pre-requisite requirements.
Weekday evenings or Saturdays afternoons/ evenings or Sundays morning/ afternoons/ evenings
tentative modules offering schedule for year 2019/20
The above schedules are subject to change.
FR - Financial Reporting
CMA - Cost and Management Accounting
TAX - Taxation and Tax Planning
LAW - Business and Comapny Law
CPCL - Consumer Protection and Competition Law
CCML - Commercial Crimes and Money Laundering Law
BA - Basic Accounting
Applicants shall hold a first or second-class honours bachelor’s degree (*) awarded by a recognized university.
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
- an overall band of 6.0 with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS;
- a score of 550 in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 in the internet-based TOEFL;
- HKALE Use of English at Grade E;
- HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
- equivalent qualifications.
(*) A bachelor’s degree with an average grade of “B” or above is considered as equivalent.
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
HK$200 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$7,800 per module (For module 1 (for academic year 2019/20))
- Course Fee : HK$7,150 per module (For modules 2 to 4 (for academic year 2019/20))
- Course Fee : HK$9,100 per module (For modules 5a to 5b (for academic year 2019/20))
- Course Fee : HK$5,200 per module (For pre-requisite module (for academic year 2019/20))
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Financial Reporting (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Commercial Law)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z09805-0||FEES $7,800||ENQUIRY 2867-8469|
|Cost and Management Accounting (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Commercial Law)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z09807-7||FEES $7,150||ENQUIRY 2867-8469|
|Taxation and Tax Planning (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Commercial Law)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z09808-5||FEES $7,150||ENQUIRY 2867-8469|
|Business and Company Law (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Commercial Law)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z09809-3||FEES $7,150||ENQUIRY 2867-8469|
|Commercial Crimes and Money Laundering Law (Module from Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Commercial Law)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z09810-7||FEES $9,100||ENQUIRY 2867-8469|
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting and Commercial Law
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
Please submit the following documents along with your applicaton and payment in person to any of enrolment counters:
- Completed and signed application form
- Copies of ID card, academic certificates, transcripts or testimonials (Please bring along the originals to any HKU SPACE Learning Centres upon submission of application for certification purposes.)
- Copies of course syllabuses/outlines of equivalent modules in your prior studies for fulfilment of prerequistites purposes (Please specify the source of information or URL for verification.) <Not required for applicants who do not apply for fulfilment of prerequistites>
- A non-refundable applicaton fee of HK$200. Payment made by cheque should be crossed and made payable to "HKU SPACE".
*** For applicants apply the programme via ONLINE APPLICATION, please also upload the following documents for assessment.
- Copy of HKID card, academic certificates and transcripts (For non-local applicants, please attach the valid visa if any)
- Elective module you would like to choose
- Course syllabuses/outlines of equivalent modules in your prior studies for fulfilment of prerequistites purposes
*(Google chrome is not supported the online application, please use other web browser for application.)
- Fees paid are not refundable and transferable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances.
- For details of payment method, please click here.