Healthcare, Sport and Wellness Dietetics and Nutrition
This programme offers the opportunity for sub degree graduates or equivalent to pursue a BSc (Honours) degree in Food and Nutrition and develop a career in food and nutritional area.
It is an extension programme to an honours Degree level for applicants who hold the higher diplomas or associate degrees or the combined credit transfer equivalent, obtained from successfully completing required Advanced Certificates at HKU SPACE.
- Transferable Skills: Biosciences
- Global Innovation-led Entrepreneurship
- Health Promotion and Nutrition Education
- Food Safety Management
- Nutrition Research Methodologies
- Biochemistry and Molecular Nutrition
- Clinical Nutrition
- Food, Nutrition and Dietetics Research Project
- 3 sessions per week including Mon, Wed, Fri (7:00-10:00 pm) or Sat (2:30-5:30 pm)
This is an exempted course under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
- Advanced Certificate in Nutrition and
- ANY TWO of "Advanced Certificate in Child and Adolescent Nutrition Or Advanced Certificate in Clinical Nutrition and Health Promotion Or Advanced Certificate in Sport and Exercise Nutrition" and
- Advanced Certificate in Food Service Management and
- Advanced Certificate in Quality Control and Food Safety Management and
- Advanced Certificate in Food Science and
- Advanced Certificate in Human Biochemistry and Physiology; OR
HK$150 non-refundableCourse Fee
- Course fee: HK$137,000 (to be paid in 3 instalments)
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
- More Programmes of
- Dietetics and Nutrition