Accounting & FinanceAccounting
Certificate for Module (Financial Risk Management for CPA Programme Revision Course)
證書 (單元 : 澳洲會計師公會專業考試備試課程 - 財務風險管理)
- Course Code
- QF Level
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- Next intake(s)
- Feb 2021
- 7 weeks
- Course Fee
Congratulations! Exceptional Performance for our students (11% Credit on the 2019 semester one!!)
HKU SPACE is the Registered Tuition Provider for the CPA Program. We have provided intensive tuition to students for years and they have achieved high passing rates. Our leading lecturing team is well recognised and most familiar with the latest exam structure, style and the required exam techniques. We offer highly comprehensive and structured examination preparatory courses in assisting you to tackle the CPA Program professional examinations.
- Tutor Profile: Our lecturers are experienced and professional; they equip students with knowledge and exam techniques.
- Audio Recording: Students could re-listen to the class on our School SOUL platform whenever necessary.
- Convenient Location: Learning Centres of HKU SPACE are conveniently located at different districts of Hong Kong (near MTR station).
- Administrative Support: Students ‘ enquiries are handled by designated staff.
- Study Room: Available to students at various Learning Centres of HKU SPACE.
The aims of the programme are to equip students with the necessary skills to assess financial risks and manage them strategically with the use of financial instruments. With the solid knowledge on governance framework, process of investment evaluation and practical elements and complexities of hedge accounting in relation to the International Financial Reporting Standard, students are able to understand and apply appropriate financial risk management strategies to address an organisation's financial risk.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to
- explain risk and a risk management framework;
- identify the types of financial risk faced by an organisation;
- apply a practical approach to assessing, monitoring and managing an organisation's financial risk;
- identify the funding, liquidity, interest rate, foreign exchange, commodity price, credit and operational risk faced by organisations;
- advise an organisation on the procurement and management of funding and the allocation to competing long-term investments;
- advise an organisation on the types of financial instruments that could be used to best manage an organisation’s financial risk;
- identify the practical elements of accounting for derivatives, for both embedded derivatives and derivatives used for hedging purposes; and
- explain the responsibilities for financial risk and regulatory requirements, and the control framework to manage both financial and operational risks.
Students are required to do a 2-hour written examination.
Students who are able to satisfy both the attendance requirement (minimum 70%) and passed the above programme assessment will be conferred a "Certificate for Module (Financial Risk Management for CPA Programme Revision Course)".
A Statement of Attendance will be awarded to those who have attended 70% of the required hours.
11% of our students achieved with Credit
Exam Result Analysis on 2019 semester one
We offer the most comprehensive and structured examination preparatory courses in assisting you to tackle the compulsory and elective subjects of CPA Program.
** ONLINE ENROLMENT IS PREFERRED **
Application for course is on first-come-first-served basis. Only students enrolled in the coming examinations of the CPA Program are eligible to enrol this revision course. Students must check with CPA Australia (Tel: 2891 3312) that they are eligible to write the examinations.Duration
- 7 Lecture with 21 hours
- Mr. Albert Poon
18 August - 29 September 2020
- Only students enrolled in the coming examinations of the CPA Program are eligible to enrol this revision course.
- Students must check with CPA Australia (Tel: 2891 3312) that they are eligible to write the examinations.
For Non-local applicants, students should hold valid visa (e.g. Student Visa, Employment Visa or Dependent Visa.)
- Course Fee : HK$3300 (Lecture notes will be provided, excluding textbook.)
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Relevant Programmes
- Certificate for Module (Strategic Management Accounting for CPA Programme Revision Course) Certificate for Module (Financial Reporting for CPA Programme Revision Course) Certificate for Module (Advanced Audit and Assurance for CPA Programme Revision Course) Certificate for Module (Ethics and Governance for CPA Programme Revision Course) Certificate for Module (Global Strategy and Leadership for CPA Programme Revision Course)