Rapid technology advancement is reshuffling economic powerhouses in the world landscape. With the evolution of the Revolution 4.0 progressing rapidly, the world economy is more than ever technology-driven fuelled by innovation. As new digital technologies are developed rapidly, the demand for digital leaders and business executives with innovation and technology skills are therefore growing exponentially.
The Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship (ICE) subject group was set up to seize the tremendous opportunities in the Revolution 4.0 era. We aim to develop ICE leaders and talent through knowledge transfer which will have a positive social and economic impact on the sustainable development of Hong Kong and the region.
- nurture innovative, creative, and entrepreneurial talents to sustain organizations’ business growth through collaborations to create synergy, reduce risk, and share resources; and
- enable students to gain insight into challenges and opportunities in managing complex innovation projects across boundaries, cultures and generational differences.
- Develop innovative and entrepreneurial talents with capabilities to create value by transforming creative ideas into innovative products for business growth;
- Enable students to adopt market-driven innovation process as a guiding framework to access technology relevance as well as market needs for new product development; and
- Equip students with a set of methodologies to engage the right partners with solid value propositions for commercializing innovative products.
- provide students with specialized knowledge in new technologies and the technological requirements for business innovation
- enable executives or entrepreneurs to acquire skills in evaluating the potential of digital innovation and its role in enhancing and sustaining competitive advantages of a business
The programme aims to:
1. Nurture entrepreneurial talents with the right mindsets and skillsets in creating and sustaining successful start-up business by transforming creative ideas into innovative products;
2. Enable students to understand critical elements in formulating a successful start-up business and assess supporting resources and available funding to build, develop, and sustain new business ventures; and
3. Equip students with a set of methodologies to effectively engage financial investors, key customers, and strategic partners in the early stage of start-up development.
This MBA (Master of Business Administration) preparatory course aims to provide tuition support to students for studying the Global MBA, University of London (UoL).
University of Essex x HKU SPACE
The Master of Science in Entrepreneurship and Innovation (MSc EI) is a 2-year Part-Time programme jointly offered by UK’s University of Essex and HKU SPACE. This programme enables students to understand the ideas, theories and practice of new venture creation and entrepreneurship processes and understand application of theories of entrepreneurship and innovation in different economic contexts and in different organisational settings.
(The course fee is PGD top up to MSc and is payable by three installments. All fees are subject to change without prior notice)
Acknowledging the need for multi-skilled individuals who can both generate ideas for original arts and cultural events, and provide leadership for the teams that realise them, the programme targets at graduates with some work experience who wish to challenge themselves by developing innovative approaches to arts management and cultural production.
*The tuition fee is subject to annual review.
This programme equips students with the ability in developing strategies to create competitive advantages to succeed and survive over the long term in the increasingly complicated and challenging environments. Students will learn how organisations intend to engage with the environment and consequently develop capabilities and competencies to provide competitive advantages and fulfill their objectives. Students will also be introduced to key marketing concepts, strategies and core marketing functions that can assist them in decision-making and enhanced outcomes in the marketplace.