Business & Management Business Management
Bachelor of Science (Honours) Business Management (Project Management...
The Bachelor of Arts (Honours) International Business Management programme aims to develop a broad understanding of the complex, diverse and integrated nature of business activity involved in International Trade and Global Management. It also promotes in-depth knowledge and understanding of functional disciplines associated with international business and identify their contribution to strategic decision at local, regional and global level.
- develop a broad understanding of the complex, diverse and integrated nature of business activity involved in international management;
- develop an appreciation of the global marketplace in which businesses operate and the implications of this for business decisions and organisational culture;
- foster awareness of the various dynamic contextual factors that will influence domestic and international business; and
- promote in-depth knowledge and understanding of functional disciplines associated with international business and identify their contribution to strategic decisions.
INTENDED LEARNING OUTCOMES
- understanding of the holistic nature of business in its broadest sense
- the ability to use an appropriate theoretical model to explain the elements and integrated nature of the national and international context within which businesses operate;
- complex knowledge and understanding of the key functional areas;
- understanding of inputs, processes and outcomes of strategic decision making;
- knowledge of communication / information technology used in the workplace;
- evaluation skills in understanding of the international / multi-national workplace;
- an appreciation of the nature of enterprise and the need for innovation in decision making;
- appreciation of the nature of globalisation and the implications for business.
- undertake critique rival frameworks and theories;
- undertake abstract analysis and synthesis;
- undertake intelligent application of appropriate principles in assessing policy or practice;
- undertake problem solving and research method.
undertake literary and Information processing;
communicate (oral, written and citation);
utilise numeracy / quantitative skills;
utilise learning skills (reflection / evaluation synthesis).
- exercise initiative and personal responsibility;
- make decisions in complex and unpredictable contexts;
- demonstrate the learning ability needed to undertake appropriate further training of a professional or equivalent nature.
- computer and information management technology skills;
- presentation and oral communication skills;
- written communication skills.
No. of Contact Hours
|1.||Human Resource Management in a Global Context||20||45|
|2.||Enterprise, Innovation and Creativity||20||45|
International Supply Chain Management
Global Marketing Management
|5.||International Strategy and Business Improvement||40||90|
International Trade and International Finance
|7.||International and Digital Business and Accounting||40||90|
# Modules 6 & 7 will be taught by HKU SPACE lecturers. The remaining modules will be co-taught by University of Plymouth and HKU SPACE faculty staff.
Fee: HK$105,000 per programme (in 3 instalments, all fees are subject to change without prior notice.)
The duration for the programme: minimum 18 months, maximum 60 months.
The above programme structure is intended for use as a guide to prospective students. HKU SPACE and University of Plymouth reserve the right to vary the structure. (The sequence of the modules is subject to change in accordance to the policy of University of Plymouth)
Students are encouraged to attend the induction sessions, which comprise of an introductory session and a 12-hour Academic English Workshop plus a 1-hour test.
This bachelor programme confers offshore degrees carrying the same academic status and recognition as that offered to University of Plymouth's on-campus graduates.
Students are expected to graduate from the registered programme of study upon satisfactory completion of all stated modules and the honours project, and they will be awarded the Bachelor of Arts (Honours) International Business Management from University of Plymouth.
This is an exempted course under the Non-local Higher and Professional Education (Regulation) Ordinance. It is a matter of discretion for individual employers to recognise any qualification to which this course may lead.
Friday (may occasionally other weekday), evenings
Saturday (occasionally Sunday), afternoons and evenings
All modules consist of one/two block-weekend teaching
1.5 years (minimum), 5 years (maximum)
2 terms per year
Term starts in March and September
I) 1. hold an Advanced Diploma or Higher Diploma/Associate Degree in a business-related discipline awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE; or
2. hold a recognised Advanced Diploma or Higher Diploma/Associate Degree in a business-related discipline awarded by a recognised institution; and
II) preferably have 2 years full-time work experience or 4 years part-time work experience.
If the above academic qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency such as:
(i) an overall band of 6.0 in the IELTS (with minimum component scores of 5.5 in all four components: listening, reading, speaking and writing); or
(ii)an overall score 76 or above in the TOEFL iBT (with minimum component scores of listening 17, reading 18, speaking 20, writing 18)
Applicants from I.1. and I.2. may be required to take and pass additional module(s), based on individual merit, before the start of the programme.
Mature students (according to University of Plymouth regulation) and applicants with other equivalent qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Examples of Awards to be Considered for Admission
Admission is not limited to graduates from the following programmes. Applicants from other programmes will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
HK$200 (non-refundable)Course Fee
- HK$105,000 per programme (in 3 instalments, all fees are subject to change without prior notice.)
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method
- A non-refundable $200 application fee;
- Photostat copies of Hong Kong Identity Card;
- Photocopies of all relevant educational qualifications and workproof;
- Original certificates and transcripts of relevant qualifications, which are needed for certification by HKU SPACE;
- One passport photograph.
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat Pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque Or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name.. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or Mastercard, including the “HKU SPACE Mastercard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE Mastercard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online Payment
Online application / enrolment is offered for most open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes. Application fees and course fees of these programmes/courses can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. In addition to the aforesaid online payment channels, continuing students of award-bearing programmes, if their programmes offer online service, may also pay their course fees by Online WeChat Pay, Online Alipay and Faster Payment System (FPS). Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- If the programme/course is starting within five working days, application by post is not recommended to avoid any delays. Applicants are advised to enrol in person at HKU SPACE Enrolement Centres and avoid making cheque payment under this circustance.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, Alipay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferrable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be repsonsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.
University of Plymouth
- More Programmes of
- Business Management Supply Chain and Logistics Management
- Relevant Programmes
- Advanced Diploma in Business Management Bachelor of Science (Honours) Business Management Bachelor of Science (Honours) Business Management (Project Management) Postgraduate Diploma in International Logistics and Supply Chain Management Bachelor of Arts (Honours) International Trade and Operations Management Bachelor of Science (Honours) International Supply Chain and Shipping Management Bachelor of Science (Honours) Maritime Business (Logistics) Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (Smart Procurement) Professional Diploma in Business Logistics Management (China e-Business) Certificate in Shipping and Logistics