Today and Upcoming Events
SPACE English Programmes Online Consultation
Please click the above Zoom meeting link on the day and time as shown above to join the information session, or contact Ms Jenna HO at 2975 5880 (email@example.com ) for meeting arrangement. • Meet the Programme Leader • Understand the SPACE General English, Professional and Business English (PBE) Series and other CEF-funded English courses • Your English proficiency, your study opportunities / career plans • Application details • Q&A on our PBE and General English courses and your English learning progress.*Please note that all SPACE English courses are instructed in English. Subscribe our Facebook page for latest news and sharing. • Preparatory - Essential English • Tier 1 - Certificate in General English (Foundation) • Tier 2 - Certificate in General English (Introductory) or Certificate in English Language Skills (Introductory) • Tier 3 - Certificate in General English (Intermediate) or Certificate in English Language Skills (Intermediate) • Tier 4 - Certificate in General English (Upper-Intermediate) • Tier 5 - Certificate in General English (Advanced) • Tier 6 - Diploma in General English • Tier 7 - Advanced Diploma in General English • Certificate in Business English Usage • Certificate in Advanced Business English Please visit Academic English programme page for the list of short courses. Please visit General English programme page for a full list of short courses. • The Fundamentals of Persuasive Business Writing (18 hours) • Business Grammar (18 hours) • English at Work - Impromptu Talk and Discussion (18 hours) • English at Work - Email Writing (1) (18 hours) • Introductory Public Speaking and Presentation Skills (30 hours) • Advanced Public Speaking and Presentation Skills (30 hours) • Stylistic Analysis: Insight into the Subtle Delivery of Meaning (45 hours) • British English Elocution (24 hours) Cambridge Linguaskill General / Business English proficiency test Test results will show the test taker's overall proficiency in General English or Business English as well as the individual score in listening, reading, writing and speaking on the Cambridge English Scale and their respective CEFR levels. General EnglishProfressional and Business English Ms Jenna Ho 2975 5880 / firstname.lastname@example.org (Professional and Business English and Academic English) 3762 0930 / email@example.com (General English)Subscribe our Facebook page for our latest news. We Study • We Practise • We Master 《活學英語 創展未來》 ENGLISH@HKU SPACE
You may also be interested in these courses:
Lessons cover topics such as editing for subject-verb agreement and parallelism, writing coherence, proof-reading skills, and selecting appropriate grammar (e.g., active or passive voice) to suit different business situations.
- Applications will be accepted on a first come, first served basis.
- Unless changes are made to the advertised details, we do not usually issue joining instructions. If your application has been accepted, you should go to the first session of the class at the time and place shown.
- No refunds or transfers to a different class will be approved.
|Apply Online Now
|11 Apr 2024 (Thu)
|Apply Online Now
Days / Time
- Thursday, 6:45pm - 9:45pm
- 6 meeting(s)
- 3 hours per meeting
Fee & Entry Requirements
- Course Fee : HK$2,000
Applicants should have a Secondary 6 level of English language proficiency or equivalent.
* Before you enrol, please make sure that you meet the entry requirements. Failure in meeting the requirements would mean that you will not be able to study the course.
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
We provide online application and payment service for students to make enrolment via the Internet. Enrolment will be confirmed once students have made the payment online by using either PPS or credit card.
By Post / In Person
Applicants are required to complete the Application for Enrolment Form SF26. Either take or post the completed form, along with the appropriate course fee and supporting documents, to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres.
1. CASH, EPS OR WECHAT PAY
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. CHEQUE OR BANK DRAFT
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope. HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. ONLINE PAYMENT
The course fees of all open admission courses (course enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, WeChat Pay, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For payment certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to “HKU SPACE” to any of our enrolment centres.
- The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
- The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service; or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.