Computing and Data Science Smart Wellness
“Hospital intelligence” is about making use of a variety of digital technologies, i.e. Big Data (BD). Business Intelligence (BI), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL) to connecting up the points of care electronically and to help healthcare professionals to deliver safer, better quality healthcare to patients. Currently, hospital healthcare professionals also facing many challenges varying from patients, colleagues, Government and other public sectors, and also political and legal framework which require them to have an accurate response or decision within a short period of time. Therefore, a well-established digital healthcare intelligence system is needed in the hospital sector.
The programme targets students without any background in Information Technology (IT) but would like to acquire the basic knowledge of these advanced technologies (BD, BI, AI, ML and DL) and how the technologies could be applied in the health sector to improve the digital health of hospitals.
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- Explain the concepts and importance of BD, BI, AI and ML, DL and AI blended robot technologies for Hospital Intelligence applied in the digital health of hospitals.
- Apply knowledge of BD, BI, AI, ML and DL technologies to improve patient experience and outcomes and increase operational efficiency and effectiveness in a sustainable manner, for a healthcare organisation.
- Apply basic concepts and knowledge of BD, BI, AI, ML and DL technologies in a healthcare organisation to improve the digital health of hospitals.
- Discuss the methodologies and infrastructure required for BD, BI, AI, ML and DL as applied to improvement projects for the digital health of hospitals.
- Discuss the trends associated with applying BD, BI, AI, ML and DL in healthcare and managing a digitally healthy company.
- Introduction to BD, BI, AI, ML and DL
- Knowledge of BD, BI, AI, ML and DL Technology Applications for digital health of hospitals
- BD, BI, AI, ML and DL Technologies applied for digital health of hospitals
- BD, BI, AI, ML and DL technology applications in specific digital health areas
- BD, BI, AI, ML and DL in digital health of hospital action
- BD, BI, AI, ML and DL future development trends for digital health and building a more digitally healthy hospital operation
Students are required to complete and pass all the assessments, including laboratory practical, quiz, assignment and examination.
To be eligible for the award of the Certificate for Module (Hospital Intelligence), students are required to achieve 70% attendance of the programme and pass all the assessments.
Mr. Paul Fraley, Tel-e-biz Company Limited
|Application Code||2080-HS192A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Wednesday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
Fee & Entry Requirements
Applicants shall hold a bachelor’s degree awarded by a recognized institution.
If the degree or equivalent qualification is from an institution where the language of teaching and assessment is not English, applicants shall provide evidence of English proficiency, such as:
- an overall band of 6.0 or above with no subtests lower than 5.5 in the IELTS; or
- a score of 550 or above in the paper-based TOEFL, or a score of 213 or above in the computer-based TOEFL, or a score of 80 or above in the internet-based TOEFL; or
- HKALE Use of English at Grade E or above; or
- HKDSE Examination English Language at Level 3 or above; or
- equivalent qualifications.
Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$15,000
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Hospital Intelligence)
證書(單元 : 醫務智能)
|COURSE CODE 41C134825||FEES $15,000||ENQUIRY 3762-0096|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (Hospital Intelligence)
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
The completed form, together with the application fee $150 and the following supporting documents* should be submitted by the following methods on or before the application deadline.
1. Online Enrolment
- Complete the online application form
- Upload a clear electronic copy of the following documents* with the image type of doc, docx, jpg and pdf and image resolution is 300dpi or above
- Photo of the documents by mobile phone is NOT accepted
2. In Person / Mail
- in person at any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres
- by mailing to HKU SPACE, Smart Wellness and Sustainability, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Attention to: Ms. Lily Chan)
* Each application must be accompanied by the following documents:
1. Photocopy of Hong Kong Identity Card
2. Photocopy of award certificate
Please note the following for programme/course enrolment:
- Applicants should not leave the online application idle for more than 10 minutes. Otherwise, applicants must restart the application process.
- Only S-MILES and Early Bird Discount are supported in Online Applicants (Application). To enjoy other types of discounts, please visit one of our enrolment centres.
- During the online application process, asynchronous application and payment submission may occur. Successful payment may not guarantee successful application. In case of unsuccessful submission, our programme staff will contact you shortly.
- Applicants are reminded that they should only apply for the same programme/course once through counter or online application.
- For online enrolment, payment confirmation page would be displayed after payment has been made successfully. In addition, a confirmation email would also be sent to your email account. You are advised to keep your payment confirmation for future enquiries.
- Fees paid are not refundable except as statutorily provided or under very exceptional circumstances (e.g., course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment).
- If admission is by selection, the official receipt is not a guarantee that your application has been accepted. We will inform you of the result as soon as possible after the closing date for application. Unsuccessful applicants will be given a refund of programme/course fee if already paid.
The School provides a platform for online services for a selected range of products it offers. While every effort is made to ensure timeliness and accuracy of information contained in this website, such information and materials are provided "as is" without express or implied warranty of any kind. In particular, no warranty or assurance regarding non-infringement, security, accuracy, fitness for a purpose or freedom from computer viruses is given in connection with such information and materials.
The School (and its respective employees and subsidiaries) is not liable for any loss or damage in connection with any online payments made by you by reason of (i) any failure, delay, interruption, suspension or restriction of the transmission of any information or message from any payment gateways of the relevant banks and/or third party merchants for processing credit/debit/smart card or other payment facilitation mechanism; (ii) any negligence, mistake, error in or omission from any information or message transmitted from the said payment gateways; (iii) any breakdown, malfunction or failure of those gateways in effecting online payment service or (iv) anything arisen out of or in connection with the said payment gateways, including but not limited to unauthorised access to or alternation of the transmission of data or any unlawful act not permitted by the law.Payment Method
1. Cash, EPS, Alipay or WeChat Pay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, Alipay or WeChat Pay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or Bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and the applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to HKU SPACE, Smart Wellness and Sustainability, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Attention to: Ms. Lily Chan). HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at any HKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
The course fees of all open admission courses (courses enrolled on first come, first served basis) and selected award-bearing programmes can be settled by using PPS via the Internet. Applicants may also pay the relevant course fees by VISA or MasterCard online. Please refer to the Online Services for details.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Alipay, WeChat Pay, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g., course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder's credit card account.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
- Fees and places on courses cannot be transferable from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
- For additional certification, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to "HKU SPACE" to any of our enrolment centres.