Healthcare, Sport and Wellness Pharmaceutical Studies
This programme aims at introducing medical operations in the pharmaceutical industry to students who are interested. These operations include regulatory affairs, medical affairs, medical science liaison, clinical trial, quality assurance, and pharmacovigilance.
Programme Intended Learning Outcomes
On completion of the programme, students should be able to:
- Outline the current practices of the departments with medical operations in the pharmaceutical industry;
- Describe the regulatory environment of Hong Kong, and the ways to register a pharmaceutical product in Hong Kong;
- Outline the roles of medical affairs, quality assurance, medical science liaison, and pharmacovigilance in the pharmaceutical industry;
- Identify different tasks in managing clinical trials and the importance of clinical trials in drug development;
- Identify how medical operations support the sales and marketing of pharmaceutical products; and
- Describe the required skills and competencies when working in the medical operations of the pharmaceutical industry.
This programme will cover :
- Overview of pharmaceutical industry and its supporting platform functions
- Regulatory Affairs (RA)
- Medical Affairs (MA)
- Medical Science Liaison (MSL)
- Quality Assurance (QA)
- Clinical Trial (CT)
- Skills and competencies in the pharmaceutical industry
Upon completion of the programme and pass the assessments, students will be awarded within the HKU system through HKU SPACE a Certificate for Module (Medical Operations in Pharmaceutical Industry).
The assessments are assignment(s) and a written examination of two hours.
|Application Code||2135-HS173A||Apply Online Now|
|Apply Online Now|
Days / Time
- Tuesday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
- One session per week. 7:00pm - 10:00pm
30 Lecture Hours
Applicants shall have attained:
1) a Certificate in a related discipline; OR
2) in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 or above in five subjects including English Language; OR
3) in the HKCEE Level 2 / Grade E or above in English Language and four other subjects in Grade E or above; OR
4) equivalent qualifications.
Applicants who hold other qualifications, aged 21 or above and have relevant work experience will be considered on an individual basis.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$6800
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Medical Operations in Pharmaceutical Industry)
證書 (單元 : 藥物業醫務運作)
|COURSE CODE 41C12580A||FEES $6,800||ENQUIRY 3762-0097|
Continuing Education Fund
CEF REIMBURSEMENT REQUIREMENTS:
1. 50% PASSING MARK IN ALL ASSESSMENTS; and
2. ATTENDANCE REQUIREMENT: 70%
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (Medical Operations in Pharmaceutical Industry)
Online Application Apply Now
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
The completed application form with the relevant documents and application fee $150 should be submitted by the following methods on or before the deadline:
1. Online Enrolment
- Complete the online application form
- Upload a clear electronic copy of the following documents* with the image type of doc, docx, jpg and pdf and image resolution is 300dpi or above
- Photo of the documents is NOT accepted
2. In Person / Mail
- by mailing to Smart Wellness and Sustainability, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Attention to: Mr Danny Mak)
- in person at any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres
* Each application must be accompanied by the photocopied documents below:
- Academic certificates and transcripts
- HKID card or passport
Applicants will be asked to present HKID or passport for vertification if applying in person at enrolment counters or to attach a copy of HKID or passport if applying by post.Payment Method
1. Cash, EPS, WeChat pay Or Alipay
Course fees can be paid by cash, EPS, WeChat Pay or Alipay at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please specify the programme title(s) for application and applicant’s name. You may either:
- bring the completed form(s), together with the appropriate course or application fees in the form of a cheque, and any required supporting documents to any of the HKU SPACE enrolment centres;
- or mail the above documents to Smart Wellness and Sustainability, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Attention to: Miss Maggie Ho). HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Applicants may also pay the course fee by VISA or MasterCard, including the “HKU SPACE MasterCard”, at anyHKU SPACE enrolment centres. Holders of the HKU SPACE MasterCard can enjoy a 10-month interest-freeinstalment period for courses with a tuition fee worth a minimum of HK$2,000; however, the course applicant must also be the cardholder himself/herself. For enquiries, please contact our staff at any enrolment centres.
Certificate in Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance (CEF) - HKU SPACE: Pharmaceutical Studies courses
4. Online Payment
Course fees can be settled by using "PPS by Internet" (not available via mobile phones), VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to Enrolment Methods - Online Enrolment for details.
For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or MasterCard if the course is to start shortly.
Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or PPS (for online payment only) will normally be reimbursed by a cheque, and fees paid by credit card will normally be reimbursed to the payment cardholder’s credit card account.
In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme team for details.
Fees and places on courses cannot be transferred from one applicant to another. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on approved transfers.
Receipts will be issued for fees paid but HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of receipt sent by mail.
For additional copies of receipts, please send a stamped, self-addressed envelope with a completed form and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’. Such copies will only normally be issued at the end of a course.
- More Programmes of
- Pharmaceutical Studies