Healthcare, Sport and Wellness Holistic Wellness
Certificate for Module (Zen for Professional Helpers)
CEF Reimbursable Course
- Study mode
- Start Date
- To be advised
- 10 weeks
- Course Fee
The aims of this course are to, through learning about the Zen approach in helping, demonstrate how professional helpers, for examples, doctors, nurses, psychologists, social workers, counsellors, teachers and other related professionals can develop a genuine compassion for and harmonious understanding of individuals they intend to help. A Zen perspective introduces us to an unconventional yet pragmatic new approach of helping, which is only possible by concentrating and living in the here and now－ the essence of meditation.
Zen helping is concerned about “being” rather than “doing”. We help as human beings instead of human workers, as helpers and helpees are of an equal status. We help out of genuine respect and compassion without imposing our personal or professional agenda.
- >Zen –its history and teachings and impact on humanity
- >Each of us is the same kind of being;
- >the universe is our relations with each other
- >Each of us is capable of outflowing attention and awareness, or withdrawing it
- >Trust the flow of the universe, the rules of love are true
- >How to feel good?
- >Lifesavers –No resistance; Love as much as we can from wherever we are; Love it the way it is
- >Development of genuine compassion –The nature of compassion; Love as much as we can from wherever we are; No resistance to the vibrations of other beings; All relationships are persistent to the degree that the beings involved have the same vibration
- >The ability to put the maximum of energy into the present moment is a large component of mental wellness
- >All states of consciousness are available right now
- >Living in the here and now is behaviour derived from the Zen experience
- >Zen helping is a way of living and being
- >Zen helping is without intent, design or calculation
- >To help only when one feels the abundance of happiness and love
- >How we get there?
>Explain the fundamental of the Zen approach in the Art of Helping;
- >Practise Zen meditation of how to feel good, which prepares the ground for the development of genuine compassion;
- >Explain the concept of nowness and the relationship with the Zen experience;
- >Illustrate the central concept of Zen helping and discuss its challenge to the basic nature of the caring services
To be eligible for the award of the Certificate for Module (Zen for Professionals Helplers), students are required to achieve 70% attendance and pass the assessment of the programme.
Days / Time
- Monday, 7:00pm - 10:00pm
have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 or above in 5 subjects, including English Language and Chinese Language; OR
have gained in the HKALE Examination one AL subject or two AS subjects; AND three passes in the HKCEE* PLUS Level 2 / Grade E or above in Chinese Language and English Language;OR
be a practitioner# with at least 5 years’ experience in the related field and hold a recognized professional qualification in the relevant discipline
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Certificate for Module (Zen for Professional Helpers)
證書 (單元 : 助人專業之禪)
|COURSE CODE 37C125847||FEES $5,400||ENQUIRY 3762-0081|
|Continuing Education Fund
This course has been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Certificate for Module (Zen for Professional Helpers)
Application Form Download Application FormEnrolment Method
The completed application form with the relevant documents and application fee $150 should be submitted by the following methods on or before the deadline:
- by mailing to SWAS, HKU SPACE, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Attention to: Ms Mandy Chan)
- in person at any of the HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres
Each application must be accompanied by the photocopied documents below:
1. Academic certificates and transcripts
2. HKID card or passport
Applicants will be asked to present HKID or passport for vertification if applying in person at enrolment counters or to attach a copy of HKID or passport if applying by post.
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- mail the above documents to SWAS, HKU SPACE, 13/F, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Attention to: Ms Mandy Chan). HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment sent by mail.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.