Accounting & FinanceCorporate Governance
Diploma in Business Administration and Secretarial Studies
CEF Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
- Study mode
- Start Date
- 22 Jun 2020 (Mon)
- Next intake(s)
- 10-2020, 2-2021
- 12 months
- English, supplemented with Cantonese
- Course Fee
- HK$3700 - 3800 per module
*Articulate to the Advanced Diploma in Corporate Administration and Governance
*Application Deadline: 29 May 2020 (Fri.)
Hong Kong has a reputation for being one of the world’s freest economies, with a level playing field in commerce and a fair and equitable society abiding by the rule of law. This unique environment has continued to give Hong Kong a competitive edge. By introducing this programme, we aim to provide knowledge and skills to the workforce in the areas of business administration, secretaryship, compliance and ethics.
Graduate : Ms. Ng "就算相隔幾千里都要一齊讀書"
Tutor: Mr. SUN, Andy "教書最開心是同學生建立友誼"
Programme Aims: to equip students with wide-scope knowledge in business administration concepts and secretarial practices.
It provides students with skills to:
- develop participants’ business communication skills and customer relation management in the workplace;
- equip participants with fundamental accounting concepts and basic bookkeeping skills so as to handle daily account related tasks during office operation;
- equip participants with records management concepts and skills for daily office operation;
- develop participants’ interest in office administration and to appreciate the administrative role within an organisation.
Graduates may articulate to the Advanced Diploma in Corporate Administration and Governance programme with a maximum of three modules exemption.
2. Transaction Accounting
3. Introduction to Company Secretaryship
4. MS Office Applications for Business#
5. Business Administration♦
6. Business Communication♦
*Exemptions of three modules can be granted. This will be considered on an individual basis.
Term 3 - June 2020
Term 1 - October 2020
|Introduction to Company Secretaryship
MS Office Applications for Business
Term 2 - February 2020
*Programme schedule is subject to change without prior notice.
|1. Secretarial Practices||100%||
|2. Transaction Accounting||40%||60%|
|3. Introduction to Company Secretaryship||50%||50%|
|4. MS Office Applications for Business||100%||
|5. Business Administration||40%||60%|
|6. Business Communication||40%||60%|
*Assessment is based on coursework, final examination, and attendance (at least 70% of each module).
- Mr. LEE, Samuel (Adjunct Associate Professor) – MSc( Financial Engineering); MA(Electronic Business); MBA; LLB; BA (Accountancy)
- Dr. SAHI, Rashmi – MA; MPhil; PhD in English; PgDE in English; TESOL; Completion of Reading & Teaching Complex Texts (offered by CSET)
- Dr. LEE, Ray – Ed.D; MSc; PGDE; BA (Hons)
- Ms. YAU, Amy – MSc in Human Resource Management and Development; LLB; BA in International Business Management
- Mr. SUN, Andy –EMBA, Msc. Marketing, Msc. Finance Management (CISCP, ACSCM, FITLA, FISCM, CTL, CMIBA, PMP, CQM)
(i) have gained in the HKCEE Level 2 /Grade E or above in 3 subjects including in English Language, or equivalent; OR
(ii) have successfully completed the Project Yi Jin or Yi Jin Diploma; OR
(iii) have gained in the HKDSE Examination Level 2 or above in 3 subjects including English Language; or equivalent
(iv) be aged 18 or above.
* Applicants with other qualifications will be considered on individual merit; if necessary, interviews and written tests may be required.
* With effect from 2007, HKU SPACE recognises Grade E previously awarded for English Language (Syllabus B), Grade C in the case syllabus at HKCEE as an acceptable alternative to Level 2 in the subject at HKCEE.
HK$150 (Non-refundable)Course Fee
- Course Fee : HK$3700 - 3800 per module
- HK$22500 per programme (Course fees do not include textbook and are subject to change without prior notice)
- The CEF Institution Code of HKU SPACE is 100
|Secretarial Practices (Module from Diploma in Business Administration and Secretarial Studies)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10111-0||FEES $3,700||ENQUIRY 2867-8470|
|Introduction to Company Secretaryship (Module from Diploma in Business Administration and Secretarial Studies)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10112-9||FEES $3,700||ENQUIRY 2867-8470|
|Business Administration (Module from Diploma in Business Administration and Secretarial Studies)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10114-5||FEES $3,800||ENQUIRY 2867-8470|
|Business Communication (Module from Diploma in Business Administration and Secretarial Studies)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10115-3||FEES $3,800||ENQUIRY 2867-8470|
|MS Office Applications for Business (Module from Diploma in Business Administration and Secretarial Studies)|
|COURSE CODE 21Z10315-6||FEES $3,800||ENQUIRY 2867-8470|
|Transaction Accounting (Module from Diploma in Business Administration and Secretarial Studies)|
|COURSE CODE 23Z10125-6||FEES $3,700||ENQUIRY 2867-8470|
Continuing Education Fund
|Continuing Education Fund Reimbursable Course (selected modules only)
Some modules of this course have been included in the list of reimbursable courses under the Continuing Education Fund.
Diploma in Business Administration and Secretarial Studies
Application Form Application FormEnrolment Method Payment Method
1. Cash or EPS
Cash or EPS are accepted at any HKU SPACE Enrolment Centres.
2. Cheque or bank draft
Course fees can also be paid by crossed cheque or bank draft made payable to “HKU SPACE”. Please write the programme title(s) and the applicant’s name on the back of the cheque. You may either:
- in person by submitting the payment, completed form(s), and required supporting documents to any of our enrolment centres; or
- by mailing the above documents to any of our enrolment centres, specifying “Course Application” on the envelope.
Course applicants, who are holders of HKU SPACE Mastercard, can enjoy a 10-month interest-free instalment period for courses of HK$2,000 and over. For enquiries, please contact our enrolment centres.
4. Online payment
Online payment for short courses (first come, first served) and selected award-bearing programmes is available using PPS, VISA or Mastercard. Please refer to the Online Services page on the School website.
- For general and short courses, applicants may be required to pay the course fee in cash or by EPS, Visa or Mastercard if the course is to start shortly.
- Fees paid are not refundable except under very exceptional circumstances (e.g. course cancellation due to insufficient enrolment), subject to the School’s discretion. In exceptional cases where a refund is approved, fees paid by cash, EPS, cheque or online PPS will be reimbursed by a cheque; fees paid by credit card will be reimbursed to credit card account used for payment.
- In addition to the published fees, there may be additional costs associated with individual programmes. Please refer to the relevant course brochures or direct any enquiries to the relevant programme teams for details.
- Fees and places on courses are not transferrable. Once accepted onto a course, the student may not change to another course without approval from HKU SPACE. A processing fee of HK$120 will be levied on each approved transfer.
- HKU SPACE will not be responsible for any loss of payment, receipt, or personal information sent by mail.
- For additional copies of receipts, please submit a completed form, a sufficiently stamped and self-addressed envelope, and a crossed cheque for HK$30 per copy made payable to ‘HKU SPACE’ to any of our enrolment centres. Such copies will normally be issued at the end of a course.